Monday, September 27, 2004

What I'm Listening to: Vol. III

The Benjamin Gate: Contact. © 2002
Favorite tracks include: Lift Me Up, Do What You Say, Overkill, Light, Fall Away
Comments: I bought this enhanced CD at a pawn shop at the same time I bought the Jazz Cats CD. The CD caught my eye because the band looked cool. I'm not a fan of Christian music since I don't dig "message" music. I bought the CD and was jokingly telling a friend how I hoped it wasn't another Christian music band, since I have been burned in the past, unknowingly buying a CD at a pawn shop by a band that considers themselves a "Christian Band." I popped the CD in and it was great. As it turns out... they ARE a Christian band! Lol! However, since I didn't detect an overtly preachy message or references to "the Lord,", etc. I had no idea. So don't be turned off my the Christian angle. A great CD. Comparative to The Cranberries. They do a great cover of Men At Work's song Overkill. PLUS the bass player, Costa Balamatsias is HOT.

Garden State: Music From The Motion Picture. © 2004
Favorite tracks include: Caring is Creepy, In The Waiting Line, I Just Don't Think I'll Ever Get Over You, Lebanese Blonde, Let Go
Comments: Ever since I heard the music in this movie's trailer, I knew I would like it. I wasn't disappointed.

Chillout 04: The Ultimate Chillout. © 2003
Favorite tracks include: As The Rush Comes (Gabriel & Dresden Chillout Mix), The Great Escape (Carmen Rizzo Mix), Butterfly Caught (Paul Daley Remix), Rabbit In Your Headlights (3D Mix), At The End (Sat & Lee Howler Reprise), Weak Become Heroes (Royksopp's Memory Lane Mix), It's In Our Hands (Arcade Mix)
Comments: One of THE best "Chillout" CDs that I have bought. Overall great CD. Artists include Motorcycle, Radiohead, BT, Massive Attack, N*E*R*D, Delerium, The Chemical Brothers, iio, Björk.

Radio 4: Party Crashers [Single]. © 2004
Favorite tracks include: Party Crashers (Edit), Party Crashers (Headman Voc Remix)
Comments: I heard this song one night on our local dance radio station and I fell in love with it immediately. SUCH a great song. CD maxi single contains 5 mixes. Guaranteed to get you dancin'!

Herb Alpert: Keep Your Eye on Me. © 1987
Favorite tracks include: Keep Your Eye On Me, Diamonds, Making Love In The Rain, Rocket To The Moon

Comments: Hot on the tracks of her breakthrough album Control, Janet Jackson contributes lyrics to two of the biggest hits on this album: Diamonds & Making Love In The Rain. The CD had a string of hits, the majority of which were produced by Jimmy Jam and Terry Lewis. One of the best Herb Alpert CDs around. Great for those Calgon moments or mellow parties with friends.

Luke Vibert/BJ Cole: Stop The Panis. © 2000
Favorite tracks include: Hipalong Hop, Fly Hawaii, Party Animal, Nice Cave
Comments: I heard the song "Fly Hawaii" on online radio station Limbik Frequencies and instantly fell in love with it's unique, Electro Lounge, Ambient sound. Hawaiian music meets Electronica. Lots of fun. Reviews have described it as "totally infectious and totally unique." I couldn't have said it better.

Jazz Cats: Three Martini Jazz. © 2000
Favorite tracks include: Stringin' The Blues, Georgia On My Mind, My Blue Heaven, That's What I Like About You, 'Tain't What You Do (It's The Way That Cha Do It), Blue Skies, Call The Police, My Heart Belongs To Daddy, Blow Mr. Dexter
Comments: I was lucky enough to find this compilation CD at a pawn shop for just $2! What a bargain! You can't beat the artists: Ella Fitzgerald, Benny Goodman, Nat King Cole and so many more Jazz legends. A great collection of rare songs and artists. When looking up information on this CD, I found out it is part of a series. I will definitely be on the look out for more. If you're a fan of 20's-40's early Jazz & Blues, this one is a must-have! Gooood stuff!

Motorcycle: As The Rush Comes [Single]. © 2003
Favorite tracks include: As The Rush Comes (Radio Edit), As The Rush Comes (Armin Van Buuren's Universal Religion Remix), As The Rush Comes (Above & Beyond's Dynaglide Remix), As The Rush Comes (Gabriel & Dresden Chillout Mix)
Comments: Four words: I LOVE THIS SONG. I originally heard the dance mix of this song on the radio, but there is also a "chillout" mix on the Chillout 04 CD I just bought. This enhanced maxi single contains 5 mixes and a music video. VERY cool.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.