Wednesday, September 22, 2004

I Get Nervous

I ran to the post office last night to check my P.O. box. While I was sitting in the car, I wrote a check for my gas bill, which was due in 2 days (postal service don'ts fail me now!). As I sat in the car writing out a check, someone drove up, riding a motorcycle. They turned off the engine and went inside. As I finished writing my check and was digging around for stamp to mail it with, the motorcycle engine started up and I almost made my car a convertible.

• My den is off the kitchen and before going to bed, I went to the kitchen to get a drink of water. While I was refilling the water pitcher (with the sprayer, 'cause it reaches to the counter and there were dirty dishes in the sink), I glimpsed out of the corner of my eye, a human form in the den. Startled, I jerked the sprayer and sprayed myself in the chest. It was like When A Stranger Calls meets Phoebe Cates (Fast Times At Ridgemont High-style), just not as sexy. The "human" turned out to be the torso mannequin/stand I use to put clothing on when I sell shirts online. I'd left it out in the middle of the floor.

• I was in the garage looking for an empty box to mail something in and found a few, which I stacked and held onto while I continued to look around. When I bent down to pull out some stray bubble wrap that caught my eye, I heard a hissing sound and immediately thought "Snake! Bite! Flee!" And so I did. As it turned out. The "hissing" sound was one box sliding down the side of the other box. Thank goodness too, or one of those boxes might've been turned into a makeshift bedpan!

And these are just a few of the incidents I can remember. Oh! Also, my overhead light in the bedroom burned out and I still have not gotten around to replacing it (it takes me forever to get the light fixture cover off). So, now every time I start to get into bed I see the end of the bed, where the slats are, and flash on that creepy scene from Twin Peaks, of "Bob" at the foot of the bed. I can't get it outta my head! I don't know what set this off, but I hope it ends soon before I induce a heartattack.

1 Comments:

Blogger Kirkkitsch said...

I never knew chinchillas were so sinister. They look so unassuming. Those crazy kids! I'd be going over some serious child psychology (hey, it saved Amy Steel's ass in part II) in my mind, if I heard that!

By the way, I LOVE The Far Side! To this day, my favorite Halloween card I ever received was a Far Side card. It had a picture of a witch sitting at a table in a restaurant and in the background one waiter was whispering to another "She wants a children's menu." Lol! Good stuff!

-Kirk :)

Friday, September 24, 2004 1:41:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.