Wednesday, September 22, 2004

Retro Rummage Retrieval

As I mentioned in yesterday's blog entry, today I will be showing you what I purchased while on my thrifty shopping spree this last weekend. I found mostly books and records. Below I listed them all, complete with prices. Not too bad for around $10 (before tax). Also, in case you are wondering "who is that handsome man in the image to the left of this paragraph?" Well, I'll tell you. That is child prodigy Michel Legrand. From the back of the Zenith™ Around The World LP: "Having mastered the piano at an early age, Michel turned to conducting and arranging as being the most ideal outlet for his considerable musical talents. Here, he shows us the city he knows best, the city of early morning, rain-drenched streets, of bargain-filled, busy markets and of fabulous gourmet restaurants." Besides, I just thought he was too dreamy not to show off here on my blog. You know what a sucker I am for a man in glasses. Mais, oui!

Books: (clockwise)
I'm The One That I Want by Margaret Cho ($1)
Questions Children Ask by Edith and Ernest Bonhivert (50¢) (you'll be hearing more about this book later)
Better Homes and Gardens™ Junior Cook Book: For The Hostess of Tomorrow (that's me!) ($1)
Cooking With Soup: A Campbell™ Cookbook ($1) (complete with cheezy color pix!)
Heloise's Housekeeping Hints by Heloise (25¢)

Records: (clockwise)
Gisele: Gisele MacKenzie with Axel Stordahl and His Orchestra (In Living Stereo with "Miracle Surface!" the revolutionary new antistatic ingredient!) (79¢)
Fraternity Rush: America's New Dance Favorite: Boyd Raeburn and His Orchestra (79¢)
Let's Dance Dance Dance: David Carroll and His Orchestra (in Mercury Stereo!) (79¢)
Mario Lanza: Love Songs and a Neoplitan Serenade (in Italian) (79¢)
Exotica: The Sounds of Martin Denny (in Spectra-Sonic Stereo!) (79¢)
Jackie Gleason Presents Music, Martinis, and Memories (in Full Dimensional Stereo) (79¢)
Around The World: Zenith™ Presents: Ray Conniff, Michel Legrand, Andre Kostelanetz & Jerry Murad's Harmonicats (79¢) (not shown)

And last, but certainly not least, I found this lonely lil pink, plastic napkin holder for a mere 35¢. I had to get it, since I've been considering buying paper napkins in lieu of paper towels. I'll still use paper towels, but napkins will be more practical for just one person. Besides, if the whole napkin thing doesn't work out, I can always use it as a mail holder. As they say "Necessity is the Mother of Invention"

*On a side note, if there aren't any images on blog entries before the 21st, that's because the brilliant image host I use, has fucked up yet again. If anyone knows where I can get quality image hosting at a low price (I'm paying $2 for 100gb of space....I think. Whatever it is, it's a lot... WHEN IT WORKS!), please let me know. Thanks!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.