Friday, September 24, 2004

WB vs UPN

What's up with The WB lately and where are they finding all these beautiful people? Jesus Christ! I admit, I don't faithfully watch a lot of TV shows other than The Daily Show. I usually end up having some movie I've already seen, that happens to be playing on TV at the time, playing in the background while I do other things. Lately though, I've been inundated with images from their new fall line up: Veronica Mars, Jack and Bobby, The Mountains (gimme a break with that title), etc. Everywhere I go online there seems to be a banner, pop up or some WB-related article, accompanied by a picture of the cast or main character. The only thing I really ever watch on occasion on the WB is Charmed (love Rose McGowan!), but with all these new shows with all these mutantly beautiful people, I may be forced to tune in more often, for the eyecandy, if nothing else. Damn!

Now, onto UPN. The other evening, as I recorded reruns of That 70's Show, apparently the new season of the reality show America's Next Top Model began and after that the premiere of Veronica Mars. I didn't get around to turning the VCR off, after recording That 70's Show, so I also recorded the two shows that followed it. What I'm about to admit is kinda painful, so please, don't judge me too harshly. BUT... I watch America's Next Top Model (hangs head in shame). I know. It's REALLY cheesy, but I kinda got sucked in last year, off and on, and caught a few episodes. The few that I saw were fun and very dramalicious. I mainly tuned in to see the one model chick who was so goddamn uptight, she technically had no buttcheekS. She was mondo religious and managed to have a traumatic "issue" with whatever photo shoot scenario they had that week. i.e. posing with a reptile, nudity, sexiness, inhaling, exhaling. It was RIDICULOUS. So, anyway, I caught a few episodes and STILL don't know who won that one. Lol. Pretty sad, huh? That's kinda the whole point of the show. So, anyway, I watched the premiere of the new season and it's sucked me in again. Since I'm so bad at keeping up with TV shows, I'll probably just tune in when I remember it's on. Oh, and this year, the lineup includes: A diva with a heart of gold (she's been hurt so much in the past, that's why she's such a bitch. Awwwww. ~teardrop.), a + size model (she's so history) and a (legally) blind mom with a baby that we never fuckin' forget she has 'cause that's all she talks about, flashes pictures of, etc. Dandy!

So, after America's Next Top Model, was the premiere of Veronica Mars, which to me, kinda looks like the WB version of Nancy Drew. The show has a couple of new "hotties," as the kids call em' (I used to HATE that fuckin' word. I can't believe I just used it. Along with "fave" and "'rents" (parents) Aiiggh!) One plays Veronica's ex-boyfriend, Teddy Dunn and the other plays some gang trash, Francis Capra (any relation to Frank?). So cute, it sickens me. And speaking of sicken, did I mention that Paris Hilton has a role on the show? I don't know if it's a recurring role or not, but she plays a rich, snobby girl who's hollow inside. What?! This show is autobiographical? So, if you, like myself, have no life, tune in tonight at 8 (check local listings for time/channel) on UPN. If the show sticks around, let's hope it gets more spooktacular.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.