Saturday, July 10, 2004

70's vs 80's Soundtracks: Then & Now

Last night I stayed up to watch Thank God It's Friday
on television. It's such a fun movie and has so much great music in it. It
got me to thinking of some of my favorite 70's and 80's movies and their
soundtracks, as well as current films that take place during those prospective
eras. This in turn prompted me to ransack my soundtracks and suggest these
4 musical time capsules.

THEN:
Thank God It's Friday: Motion Picture Soundtrack. © 1978
Favorite tracks include: 1, 4, 5, 7, 9

1. Thank God It's Friday - Love And Kisses
2. After Dark - Pattie Brooks
3. With Your Love - Donna Summer
4. Last Dance - Donna Summer
5. Disco Queen - Paul Jabara
6. Find My Way - Cameo
7. Too Hot Ta Trot - The Commodores
8. Leatherman's Theme - Wright Bros. Flying Machine
9. I Wanna Dance - Marathon
10. Take It To The Zoo - Sunshine
11. Sevilla Nights - Santa Esmeralda
12. You're The Most Precious Thing In My Life - Love And Kisses
13. Do You Want The Real Thing - D.C. Larue
14. Trapped In A Stairway - Paul Jabara
15. Floyd's Theme - Natural Juices
16. Lovin', Livin' And Givin' - Diana Ross
17. Love Masterpiece - Thelma Houston
18. Last Dance (Reprise) - Donna Summer
19. Je T'Aime (Moi Non Plus) - Donna Summer

NOW:
The Last Days Of Disco: Motion Picture Soundtrack. © 1998
This soundtrack can currently be purchased at Half.com for as little as $3.00!
Favorite tracks include: 1, 2, 7, 8, 14, 16

01. I Love The Nightlife (Disco 'Round) - Alicia Bridges
02. I'm Coming Out - Diana Ross
03. Got To Be Real - Cheryl Lynn
04. Good Times - Chic
05. He's The Greatest Dancer - Sister Sledge
06. I Don't Know If It's Right - Evelyn "Champagne" King
07. More, More, More (Pt. 1) - Andrea True Connection
08. Doctor's Orders - Carol Douglas
09. Everybody Dance - Chic
10. Love I Lost, The - Harold Melvin/The Blue Notes
11. Let's All Chant - Michael Zager Band
12. Got To Have Loving - Don Ray
13. Shame - Evelyn "Champagne" King
14. Knock On Wood - Amii Stewart
15. Oogum Boogum Song, The - Brenton Wood
16. Love Train - The O'Jays
17. I Love The Nightlife (Disco 'Round) - India/Nuyorican Soul

THEN:
Valley Girl: Motion Picture Soundtrack. © 1983
Favorite tracks include: 1, 2, 3, 9, 15

01. Million Miles Away, A - The Plimsouls
02. Johnny, Are You Queer? - Josie Cotton
03. Eyes Of A Stranger - Payola$
04. Angst In My Pants - Sparks
05. Who Can It Be Now? - Men At Work
06. Everywhere At Once - The Plimsouls
07. I La La La Love You - Pat Travers'Black Pearl
08. He Could Be The One - Josie Cotton
09. Love My Way - The Psychedelic Furs
10. Jukebox (Don't Put Another Dime) - Flirts
11. Fanatic, The - Felony
12. She Talks In Stereo - Gary Myrick & The Figures
13. Oldest Story In The World - The Plimsouls
14. School Is In - Josie Cotton
15. I Melt With You - Modern English

NOW:
200 Cigarettes: Motion Picture Soundtrack. © 1999
This fantastic soundtrack can currently be purchased at Half.com for a mere $1.99!
Favorite tracks include: 1, 3, 5, 8, 9

01. Cruel To Be Kind - Nick Lowe
02. In The Flesh - Blondie
03. Just What I Needed - The Cars
04. Save It For Later - Harvey Danger
05. Our Lips Are Sealed - The Go-Go's
06. I Want Candy - Bow Wow Wow
07. I Don't Care - The Ramones
08. Boogie Wonderland - Girls Against Boys
09. Ladies Night - Kool & The Gang
10. It's Different For Girls - Joe Jackson
11. Nowhere Girl - B-Movie
12. More Than This - Roxy Music
13. Romeo & Juliet - Dire Straits
14. Peace, Love & Understanding? (What's So Funny About) - Elvis Costello & The Attractions
15. Blondie Medley (The Loud Allstar Rock Remix): Rapture / Maria / No Exit - Blondie/Coolio/The Loud Allstars

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.