Monday, July 05, 2004

4th of July, Muppets and Creepy Food...

My 4th of July was pretty uneventful, but then it usually is. I've never been a big participant in what I refer to as the "BBQ holidays." i.e. Labor Day, 4th of July and Memorial Day. I've never had much interest in heatstroke with an audience. And you know what baffles me the most about these holiday festivities? Someone ALWAYS drowns. Around here, the parade isn't the only thing in town with floats. It's like a bad horror movie. Every single year it's the same thing. You'd think these people would invest in a lifejacket or just steer clear of the lake altogether, but nooooo.

The weekend, in general was pretty uneventful. My mom went to her 40-something class reunion this weekend. Haven't talked to her yet to see how it went. I don't foresee me ever going to a class reunion. Don't get me wrong, I loved school. It was the people I couldn't stand. I was fairly popular in high school. I joined my fair share of clubs and was even voted "most talented," for what it's worth, but I was never really all that interested in the whole social aspect of it all. I wasn't shy or anything, I just wasn't interested. My perspective on social interaction hasn't really changed all that much. The period of time between meeting the cool people and the idiotic people is just too far apart. I'm kinda jaded, I guess.

Oh! While I was watching The Muppet Movie this weekend, I thought of a question and an idea. First the question: When deaf people go see a movie at the theater, I assume they read lips. So, does that mean that a movie whose entire cast is Muppets, would pretty much be outta the question? And now for my idea (they're kinda related). Okay, I know that some theaters provide devices for people who have hearing issues. BUT, what if the film companies came up with a film that had the dialogue imbedded in the film? The naked eye couldn't detect it, but when viewed with special glasses, you could. This could revolutionize the movie going experience for the deaf! Or not. It's just an idea.

Why am I always a little freaked out when I open a can of biscuits? It must be psychological. I made some of those Pilsbury Orange Cinnamon Rolls with icing, last night and started to laugh because I reminded myself of a friend's cat who when you approached her with a spray bottle of water (to reprimand her), she would scrunch up her face and turn away. Also, on the subject of scary food, the new commercial for the Skippy Peanutbutter Snack Bars, with those weirdo-lookin' CGI Rastafarian elephants, creeps me out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.