Monday, June 21, 2004

Introduction. Inspiration. And My Lackluster Existance. Yay Bacon!

Hi and welcome to my first 'Blog' entry. I thought long and hard about my first entry, since I want to make it a good one. I debated on where to start, so I guess first off I'll give you a little insight into what to expect from my blog entries and who I am.

Some characteristics that one might choose to describe me are: sarcastic, observant, movie fanatic (esp. classics circa 30's/40's, horror and suspense), sardonic, hopeful and a 'closet optimist.'

Let me preface my entries with these helpful nuggets-o-insight: For those who may be considering reading my blogs, you might wanna brush up on your pop culture references. Mainly 70's and 80's. I love pop culture in all its' guises, so like my real-life conversations, I'll most likely be using it in my blogs as well. Also, I tend to ramble from time to time, about things that may otherwise ordinarily seem mundane. I'll be the first to admit I don't have much of a life, so no surprises there. So, if you are looking for high adventures via rock climbing expeditions, kayaking down a mighty river, or recent sexual escapades, you may want to keep on searching for that person's blog, 'cause that ain't me. I'm perfectly content renting movies, buying things I can't live without on eBay and enjoying delicious Chinese meals with the newspaper and my trusty (possibly now obsolete) journal. So, if you crave the frustrating misadventures of someone else's life, the occasional frustrating social interaction with the random idiot and rants about how I was awakened from a deep sleep by a strolling Jehovah Witness wearing a powder blue suit, then settle in! You've found your niche!

And last, but certainly not least, I'd also like to give a 'shout out' to the woman who inspired my delving into the world of blogging and made this all possible: Joy Gohring (AKA "Jane" from my new favorite TV show 'Good Girls Don't...'). I stumbled across "Jane's Blog" yesterday, read some of the entries and was hooked. She's just hilarious. I love Jane (but not in a creepy Single White Female kinda way). In the immortal words of Nina Simone, don't let me be misunderstood. I have no ties with Joy or the TV show "Good Girls Don't...," or the Oxygen channel for that matter. I'm just a fan who's been inspired to set aside his old spiral bound notebook/journal and blog away online, instead. So, thanks 'Jane' for making me laugh and inspiring me to finally start writing more and to never ever steal an ex-boyfriend's TiVo....unless I have a really good grasp before I pull it outta the wall. I'll never forget you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.