Tuesday, June 29, 2004

Low Carbs Can Kiss My Fat Ass

Yeah, that's right. I said it. Sure, I've been aware of the whole "low carb" fad since the bunless Whopper was introduced at Burger King. Since then we've been inundated with Subway's "Low Carb Wraps," low carb Pepsi Edge, low-carb, genetically-engineered potatoes (premiering in January, 2005! I know I'm on the edge of MY seat!...whatever) and the most recent induction into the retarded food hall of fame: the "Thickburger" over at Carl Jr.'s and Hardee's.

I just got back from the grocery store (for unfatal dairy and meat* see previous post) and to pick up a few items I needed to make a spaghetti dinner (My most recent love affair is with the Kraft Tangy Italian Spaghetti Dinner), and what do I see? Lite Garlic Toast. LITE! What the hell is "Lite" garlic toast, and do I care? No. No, I don't. I don't want to plan my entire life around how many friggin' carbs something has. I've seen this Atkins diet fad come and go once before (back in the 80's), and it will again. Not unlike Figurines, Jazzercise (which, let's face it, was just a cameltoe waiting to happen) and Ayds. I mean, let's be realistic people, are people who eat fast food to begin with, really the target audience for some corn tortilla filled with lettuce and sawdust? I think not.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.