Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Newsworthy

I come across news stories all the time and thought I would share three recent articles that caught my interest in particular:

Christmas Wreath With Peace Sign Banned
Comments: Man, this really pissed me off when I first read it. I think it's absolutely ridiculous. It's so goddamn frustrating to see people's civil rights being altered and loopholed and generally steamrolled time and time again, while church & state continue to merge into some politically-correct police state. Grrrrrr

Baby Born with Twin in His Stomach
Comments: This creeps me out. Reminds me of the scene from the movie The Dark Half, where the surgeons are operating on the little boy's brain because he is blacking out/having seizures, and when they go to make the incision on his brain an eyelid opens and you see an eye darting around frantically. Turns out he was supposed to be a twin, but the other fetus never fully formed and his body basically absorbed the other twin. Creepshow!

And the last news story requires a little preface for those who may not be familiar with the original story:

Back in July of this year, a man who worked for the city of Neenah, Wisconsin, found an envelope containing $1,900 secured to the bottom of a discarded metal desk with magnets. He turned the money into authorities and after the 90 day waiting period, no one had claimed it, the city refused to turn the money over to him.

Here's the update:

Owner Of $1,900 Found At Scrap Heap Was Worker Killed On Highway
Comments: Again, I was really steamed when I found out that this genuinely honest person was getting shafted, then this story came out and it made me feel a little better knowing that his honestly didn't go unrewarded. Not that honesty/integrity necessarily has to be rewarded monetarily, but it would have been a real slap in the face if the man didn't receive some form of recognition. All's well that ends well.

4 Comments:

Blogger Dave2 said...

Quato?

Tuesday, November 28, 2006 2:12:00 AM  
Blogger Kirkkitsch said...

Dave-
Quato Glamour Shot

Tuesday, November 28, 2006 2:18:00 AM  
Blogger Cole said...

Oy, that twin thing skives me out too. Remember in the Dark Half they found finger nails in the brain too....ugh. I am a twin myself and I was a lot smaller than my twin when we were born...I always make fun of her and call her the parasite twin (ever see that show on Discovery Health Channel about the conjoined twins?)...it's a wonder why she has a complex:) - Quiggs

Tuesday, November 28, 2006 12:04:00 PM  
Blogger Kirkkitsch said...

Quiggs-
I'd totally forgot about that! But yes, now that you mention it, I do remember that. I knew they found something else, but I couldn't remember what it was. CREEP-E!

Your poor sister. LOL! The 'Parasite Twin.' LMAO!

And oy, I Googled the 'Discovery Channel conjoined twins' and found this via YouTube. Was this the show you're referring to? Or was it The Buckles Family whose twins Erin & Jade were separated? Either way, it seems painful. Maybe it's not, but it looks painful (the conjoined aspect, not the separation).

I also find it interesting that as time s change, so does the "politically-correct" aspect of language. Remember when "little people" were 'midgets' and when "conjoined twins" were 'Siamese twins?' Interesting. I've decided to refer to myself as "heterosexually-challenged" in lieu of 'homo.' It just feels right.

Thanks for commenting! :)

Wednesday, November 29, 2006 2:56:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.