Friday, September 22, 2006

What I'm Listening to: Vol. 10


2 Many DJs Series: Volume 2 © 2002
Comments: I'm normally not big on "continuous mix" CDs, but this one was so well done and contained such an eclectic choice in music, ranging from the 70's to present day, I loved this CD. So much so that I bought the rest of the series on eBay!
Requiem For a Dream Remixed © 2002
Comments: LOVE this soundtrack. I've been wanting it ever since I heard one of the tracks in a store years ago. I think it's very well done and it met/exceeded all my expectations. The remixes maintain the same disjointed, cool, dark, disturbing feel of the film without getting bogged down in trying too hard to be remixes. Excellent.
Late Night Sessions © 2003
Comments: This 2 CD set is excellent. I knew after listening to just a few tracks that I wanted it. It hasn't let me down. Recommended!
Gladiator Movie Soundtrack © 1992
Under the Influence of Giants © 2006
Comments: This has got to be the best, most underrated album I have bought all year. I initially bought it for the single Mama's Room, plus the fact that I bought it at Best Buy and their particular version included a second disc with a bonus REMIX of said song by Richard Vission. It's hard to pinpoint the group's sound, but I agree with one reviewer that described them as a hybrid of The Bee Gees, Elton John, Madonna, Earth, Wind & Fire and other 70's and 80's favorites. Great, great album through and through.
Real Life: Lifetime © 1990
Madonna & Missy: Into the Hollywood Groove [ Single ] © 2003
Xanadu Movie Soundtrack © 1980
Blossom Dearie © 1989
Comments: I LOVE this album. I've been wanting this CD for ages, but it never seems to stay in stock too long anywhere online and is virtually impossible to find in stores. Upon visiting our local legend store Forever Young Records, I finally tracked down a copy! Why I didn't think to check there sooner, I don't know. The CD is excellent. One of those CDs I like to put on in the fall and let play all the way through. It's all golden. Highly Recommended!
Zance: A Decade of Dance Remixed © 2001
Strange Days Movie Soundtrack © 1995
The Rolling Stones: Forty Licks © 2002
Meatballs Movie Soundtrack © 1979
Comments: My friend made this CD-R for me from the original LP soundtrack, since it's not available otherwise. It's one of my favorite movies and the soundtrack conjures up good memories. That Nathan, what a gem.
Remixed 80's ©
Comments: I think I may have purchased a possible audio turd with this one. Like an idiot, I was sucked in by the whole "80's Remixed" goodness...it was only AFTER I placed my order that I read the reviews. *sigh* Apparently none of the songs are performed by the original artists (not always a bad thing, but rarely a good thing either). We'll see.
Compact Jazz Series: Bill Evans © 1987
Esquivel: Music From a Sparkling Planet © 1995

Not Shown:
Dusty Springfield: Am I the Same Girl © 1996

4 Comments:

Blogger Fizzgig said...

Props, Missy and Madonna. I own everything Madonna. That's from the Gap commercial....
wher'd you get those jeans?
Do you have the remixed and revisited CD? It also has the Britney/Christina/Madonna Like a Virgin from the MTV awards. Ok I'll shut up now.

Friday, September 22, 2006 10:42:00 AM  
Blogger Kirkkitsch said...

Mon-
No, I don't have the R*R CD, but I ran across it while I (unsuccessfully) was trying to find a link to the single I bought. I don't even remember it coming out, but I LOVE remix stuff. I remember when her You Can Dance CD came out, I was so excited (and kinda let down after hearing it) that there was gonna be a remix of one of my all-time-favorite songs Get Into the Groove.

And speaking of Remix albums, The Pet Shop Boys album Disco: The Remix Album is another favorite I need to buy.

Saturday, September 23, 2006 7:06:00 AM  
Blogger NatD said...

Wow! I had totally forgot about "Strange Days". Good movie, good soundtrack. Thanks for the reminder.

Monday, September 25, 2006 10:30:00 AM  
Blogger Kirkkitsch said...

Natalee-
So had I, actually, until recently when I was looking for some song by Deep Forest (While the Earth Sleeps ƒ Peter Gabriel). Then, once I listened to the song, I got Strange Days fever and bought not only the soundtrack but also tracked down the DVD at a local pawn shop: Total- $6! You can't beat that!

And yes, the soundtrack is wonderfully ecclectic and distinctive. Love it. Watching the movie this week! Angela Bassett kicked ass in that movie!! :)

Tuesday, September 26, 2006 11:01:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.