Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Raymond Burr


I've been on a Raymond Burr kick lately. I think he's just gorgeous, and what a great voice. Did you know he was gay? I didn't! So beautiful, inside and out. I just ordered three of his movies on DVD: Crime of Passion (1957), Blue Gardenia (1953) and Love Happy (1949). You probably know Burr from his popular TV show characters Perry Mason and/or Ironside (my personal choice of the two). However, here are some things you may not know about him:

• While filming Perry Mason, working 6 days a week and grueling hours, often to the point where he didn't go home at all, he would still find time to cook the night before for all the cast and crew at the end of each episode's shooting.
• He had over 30 foster children (his only child died from Leukemia)
• He donated over $30 million to universities
• When he purchased his Fiji island, he built the infrastructure (e.g. schools, plumbing) for the native islanders before he built his own house.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I knew he was gay, and I knew him from Perry Mason and The Rear Window, but not all the other info that made him so very cool. Thanks for posting all this. :-)

Tuesday, May 09, 2006 8:30:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't forget that Raymond Burr was also in the U.S. version of the original Godzilla.

I also heard that he was really gay off camera, but once shooting began he would butch-up a bit. Perry Mason kicked ass, I use to watch it on Nick at Nite back in the day.

Wednesday, May 10, 2006 12:10:00 AM  
Blogger Kirkkitsch said...

Partsnpieces-
It seems like everyone knew he was gay, but me! Oh well. It's just one of the reasons I find him so appealing.

You're welcome! I'm glad I was able some insight into his life. He seemed like a cool person. :)

Rene-
Of course not! How could I forget that!? I luff me some Godzilla!

You just had to spoil my idealistic vision didn't you? Why are all the cute ones so fem? It's getting harder and harder to find a gay man who can strike a happy medium. Oh well, still have a crush on Mr. Burr. He was dreamy.

Friday, May 12, 2006 6:49:00 AM  
Blogger Maven said...

I didn't know he was gay... and I've never seen younger pics of him. He was luscious:)

Thanks for sharing:)

Saturday, May 13, 2006 8:59:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.