Thursday, May 04, 2006

Thursdays With Kirkie


[1] This is one of the two courtyards/sunken gardens located directly across the street from the courthouse in downtown Fort Worth.

[2] One of the many parking facilities in downtown Fort Worth. I love this sign. It looks even more amazing lit up at night.

[3] Dunno why this struck me as funny, but it did (I'm weird like that). This is the side of one of the older downtown buildings. The entire side is covered with lightbulb sockets/lightbulbs. Out of hundreds, only this one was lit.

[4] The front of the courthouse building. The circle embedded in the rectangle at the top of the center row of windows is a repeated architectural element over each of the interior courtroom entrances.

[5] I had a nice, long, relaxing lunch in the courtyard adjacent to the one pictured in image 1. I was the only one around besides the birds. So peaceful. This was my chair.

[6] One of the many quaint little eateries in downtown Fort Worth: Piranha. I haven't tried their "killer sushi" yet, but I plan to. Just down the street from where I ordered lunch...

[7] Zippy's All American Grill makes a mean club sandwich and fries. Among other things: hamburgers, hot dogs, frozen custard...

[8] The view from the top of the steps leading down into the courtyard where I sat and ate lunch. It had just rained and everything was so green and lush and smelled so clean. Wish this was my backyard!

[9] Proof that I gots tha cheese. Close-up of my $6 check issued by the courthouse. Dollar store here I come! Watch out!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, you could buy maybe a half-an-order of Killer Sushi with that $6!! Lucky you.

Thursday, May 04, 2006 7:47:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My congratulations to you and Johnny. :-)

Thursday, May 04, 2006 11:13:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm guessing the $6 check is to cover your trip to Zippy's.

So tell me, Kirk - was serving justice worth the taste of a club sandwich?

Thursday, May 04, 2006 10:21:00 PM  
Blogger Kirkkitsch said...

Rene-
Most definitely. Justice is a dish best served with a side of crinkle cut potatoes.

Monday, May 08, 2006 4:02:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.