Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Upcoming DVD Releases Vol. 6


[R]= Rental [P]= Purchase [PVC]= Buy Previously-Viewed if Cheap

The Agatha Christie Miss Marple Movie Collection- Now Available [P]
Everything is Illuminated- Now Available [R]
Private Dicks: Men Exposed- Now Available [R]
Comment: I remember seeing part of this documentary on HBO, but I never caught it in its entirety. It was really interesting. Would like to rent it and finish what I started.
Capote- Now Available [P]
Derailed- Now Available [R]
Sliver (Special Edition)- Now Available [P]
Comment: I'm so glad I waited to buy this DVD now that this SE version has been released. Always loved this movie, though it wasn't big at the box office. Great book and soundtrack, too.
Snoopy, Come Home- Now Available [P]
POPaganda- Now Available [R]
I Love Your Work- Now Available [P]
Comment: Gotta own it. My man Vince is in it!
Crash (2-Disc Special Edition)- Now Available [R]
Marlene Dietrich: The Glamour Collection- Now Available [PVC]
Brokeback Mountain- Now Available [P]
Thank God It's Friday- Now Available [P]
Comment: I LOVE this movie! It's one of my all-time favorites. I'm so excited that it's finally on DVD! The soundtack is great too!
The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes' Smarter Brother- Now Available [P]
Comment: Another favorite. Ranks right up there with The Cheap Detective and High Anxiety for me!
Camp Slaughter- Now Available [R]
Comment: I've been looking forward to this movie for such a long time. It's got such a great premise. Think Groundhog Day meets Friday the 13th!
Duane Hopwood- April 15 [R]
Comment: Still love Janeane Garofalo and David Schwimmer's not too hard on the eyes either.
Event Horizon (Special Edition)- April 18 [P]
Bad Dreams- April 18 [P]
Love Happy- April 18 [P]
Breakfast on Pluto- April 18 [R]
Hostel- April 18 [R]
Comment: I'm kind of unsettled about seeing this one. It seems really gory. I'll rent it when I'm feeling brave.
Visiting Hours- April 18 [P]
Magic- April 25 [P]
Shopgirl- April 25 [R]
American Dad: Volume 1- April 25 [P]
Sweet Bird of Youth- May 2 [P]
Comment: M-m-m Paul Newman! I can trade in my import DVD version of this movie now, for the American release!
The Family Stone- May 2 [R]
Dinosaurs: The Complete First and Second Seasons- May 2 [P]
The Roman Spring of Mrs. Stone- May 2 [P]
Comment: God, Warren Beatty hasn't looked this gorgeous since Splendor in the Grass!
Fat Albert: Vol. 3- May 2 [PVC]
Dr. Katz: Season One- May 9 [P]
Comment: I LOVE this show! I have all the episodes on VHS. Now I can trade them in for the DVDs! Whee!
The Facts of Life: The Complete First and Second Seasons- May 9 [P]
Comment: One of my all-time favorite TV shows. So glad they are finally releasing this to DVD!
The Ringer- May 16 [P]
Comment: Johnny Knoxville. Need I say more?
Napoleon Dynamite (Special Edition)- May 16 [PVC]
Comment: Again, another "special edition" after I've already bought the first version. This extras are gonna have to be pretty great in order for me to buy this one.
That Girl: Season One- May 16 [PVC]
Kiss Kiss Bang Bang- June 13 [R]
Superboy: The Complete First Season- June 20 [P]
Comment: Anyone else remember this (1988-1992) pre-Lois & Clark TV series? I remember thinking John Newton (the original Superboy for seasons '88-'89) was soooo hot! ROWR!
Family Affair: Season One- June 27 [P]
Alice: Favorites Compilation- June 27 [PVC]
Comment: Leave it to those cheapskates at Warner Bros. to cop out and give us some bullshit compilation CD instead of Season 1. Those assholes. And I guarantee they are double dipping with this one, watch them release Season 1 shortly after, just like they did with Friends. Jerks.
Wolf Creek- Now Available [R]

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dr. Katz! Hooorayyyyy! I loved that show!

Thursday, April 13, 2006 1:12:00 PM  
Blogger Nathan said...

You are so awesome for mentioning Sliver. I love that movie! Well actually I loved the book. The movie itself was fairly good, but the overall subject was years ahead of its time. That's what makes it so amazing. You rock just for mentioning it!

And Miss Marple...well, you know I love me some Miss Marple.

You are so cool Kirkkie. I would love to just have a movie marathon with you someday.

Thursday, April 13, 2006 1:57:00 PM  
Blogger Kirkkitsch said...

Kris-
Me too! I watch my VHS all the time. I swear they are like my babysitters. LOL! I'm really looking forward to this one!

Nathan-
Wheee! I'm so glad someone else appreciates Sliver and it's voyeuristic ways. I thought it was a great concept. Kinda reminiscent of Body Double (but not quite as good). I've always liked to read the book version of movies (back then, I would read it AFTER I saw the movie, now I do just the opposite).

You beat me to the punch with Miss Marple. You blogged about it, while mine was sitting in a virtual folder on my desktop for weeks. LOL! God, I'm slow sometimes.

Aw, you're so nice. :) I would totally love to have a movie marathon!! I've said it before and I'll say it again, all the cool people never live anywhere near me! That's the one drawback to the Internet. It's like window shopping: Look, but you can't touch. :(

Thanks for commenting! :D

Monday, April 17, 2006 1:40:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.