Friday, March 31, 2006

Quips From Vip

Growing up, I was weaned on all those great comics that were more for adults than kids. Not necessarily "dirty," but adult oriented. They were always in the "women's magazines" or Esquire. Also, my parents had plenty of them in paperback too, so I got a steady dose of them. In addition to B. Kliban and the late Stan Berenstain's early series It's All in the Family, I love the artwork and style of Virgil Franklin Partch (AKA Vip). His style is like Dali meets Picasso. I'd include some links to buy his books online, but unfortunately his early adult works are hard-to-find and therefore kiiinda pricey ($40-$150). A good investment perhaps.

Here are some of my favorites from his books Man The Beast and Wild, Wild Women:

[ Click Images For A Larger Version ]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.