Wednesday, March 22, 2006

It's Your Thing, Do What Ya Wanna Do

My friend Sara recently blogged about a great new online resource for all us bibliophiles, called LibraryThing. LibraryThing is an easy way to catalog your books online or just to share your library with friends. You can enter up to 200 books for free, after that it's a mere $10 for a one year membership or $25 for a lifetime membership. I chose the lifetime membership, since I easily surpassed 200 in a matter of hours (don't be impressed, I'm a packrat!). If you'd like to see my collection (so far), click here.

Though I still have a lot more books to go, so far I've had success with finding the majority of my books, even some of the older ones (1912-50's). Unfortunately, I'm going to have to enter a handful of books manually and not all books have images, but when I get some time, I may submit images of my own. I've already added a few for my pulp paperbacks, and it couldn't be easier!

So, if you'd like an easy way to catalogue your book library, it doesn't get much better than this! Go check it out.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't believe you already have 200 books listed...I am too busy packing them up...my promise to myself is that when I open a box in the "new" house, I will enter them as they come out of the box...glad you love it!

Thursday, March 23, 2006 11:16:00 AM  
Blogger Kirkkitsch said...

Princess Wild Cow-
I think I have a little over 600 now. I knew I had lotsa books, but not that many! Yeesh. I've seen some people with like 8,000+!! Insanity! There's something to be said for having discriminating taste. lol!

Totally enjoying it! Thanks again! :)

Do you have an URL for your book catalog yet? I'd love to see it.

Monday, March 27, 2006 6:46:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.