Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Miracle Whipped

I don't know if any of you caught it on TV last night, but the new reality series Miracle Workers premiered on ABC. I cried like a baby walrus with shampoo in his eyes.

I'm not a big fan of the "makeover" reality shows (i.e. Extreme Makeover Home Edition, etc.). Mainly because, I don't know, they just don't do "it" for me. And though I was skeptical of Miracle Workers being another thinly-veiled Jesuslicious incarnation of Amy Grant's Three Wishes corncobbery, Miracle Workers had a premise I could really get behind: The show helps patients with serious medical conditions receive cutting edge medical procedures in an effort to restore their health.

I'd much rather see these kind of people, people with real problems, the kind of problems you pray to God you never have to experience, benefit from these life-altering experiences than some "I'm just a single mom tryin' to make it in this crazy, mixed-up world and buy my kids the best," { yeah, welcome to planet Earth } with a sad story get the beauty shop of her dreams. Puhlease. No competition.

Last night's episode was about a 19-year-old girl named Emily, who suffers from a severe case of Tourette Syndrome. She underwent Deep Brain Stimulation surgery and it cured her tics!

The other patient was a little 4-year-old boy named Adrian who suffers from Vater's Syndrome. A condition that forces his spinal cord to curve to accommodate his fused rib cage, leaving his head always tilted and his back shaped like a question mark. He successfully received titanium spinal surgery replacement.

If you read my blog, you know I do not like children as a rule, however, this little boy was such a sweetie and his family was so nice, I crumbled like a wicker chair at Star Jones' house (Who, incidentally is not some weight-loss prodigy like the magazines love to keep touting her as. All she did was cough up the dough to get a Gastric Bypass. It's not like she broke a sweat. BTW, you gotta get a load of the "uplifting" synopsis they have over at Amazon.com for her new book; apparently "losing weight" brings out the author in everyone, just ask Carnie Wilson).

Annnnyway, if you get a chance, check out Miracle Workers, Mondays at 9PM on ABC.

2 Comments:

Blogger JoanneMarie Faust said...

This is the first time I've been to your site. I surfed in through BE. Great site! I love your writing and I will definitely be back to hear more of your thoughts.

Tuesday, March 14, 2006 12:10:00 PM  
Blogger Kirkkitsch said...

Piksea-
Thank you for the nice compliment! I'm flattered that you like my writing. I really enjoy my blog. It's a nice outlet for my ideas that would otherwise sit and fester in my mind. LOL!

Thanks again for the nice compliment and for taking the time to comment. I appreciate it. :D

Wednesday, March 15, 2006 5:23:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.