Friday, March 03, 2006

Clipping Palooza Vol. 3

Today is the last day for early voting in local elections (I'll be leaving to cast my ballot in a few hours). Up for scrutiny are local Judge and State Rep among others. Not surprisingly, the local conservatives are all about kissing babies and feigning interest in the plight of the common man. Shyeah, whatever. You should get a load of some of the MAJOR smear campaign material they've been sending out against their constituents. Wow. I think my favorite is the one that starts out:

Would you vote to teach young girls about "all three kinds of sex?"
Or encourage her to call Planned Parenthood instead of asking her parents?

Oh boy. Living in a red: what a treat. ANYWAY, on to the last clipping in this week's Clipping Palooza:


I love this letter to the editor. So succinct. My favorite part is: "What happened to churches teaching God's word and public schools teaching algebra? Are our churches so weak now that they must force our public schools to do their work?" RIGHT ON. Gosh, I wish I could be that eloquent with conveying my thoughts.

And as far as the whole school tax bullshit goes, I still contend that those of us who don't have children shouldn't even be paying school taxes to begin with. There are PLENTY of "proud parents" out there that should be more than happy to shoulder the brunt of that. The whole concept is ridiculous to me. I'm not making all these parents pay for my cable or Internet access, why should I be paying to send their kids to school? Like I told one of my friends, if I have to pay taxes for children I don't have the least they can do to placate me is to send some over to landscape my yard and clean out my garage.

*Next week more 'fun' stuff. I promise. This week's it just worked out that multiple posts were politically charged. Trust me, I know how tedious politics are (not to mention reading about them), and yes, I realize that my political posts are some of the least popular (judging from the lack of comments). I try and keep them to a minimum, but you know me, like it or not, if it catches my attention I'm gonna talk about it.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh no, I personally love your political posts! Don't stop. :)

I just don't comment because I usually find myself in 100% agreement with them, and I hate posting a comment that amounts to a dumb AOL "me too."

Friday, March 03, 2006 7:32:00 AM  
Blogger Kirkkitsch said...

Cheryl-
Who said I was stopping? It's my duty to keep everyone informed of my opinion at all times. LOL! Just kidding. But seriously, I'm not gonna stop discussing whatever topics catch my interest, I was just saying that I realized that this week was particularly "politically-charged" and didn't want my regular readers to think my blog was going to turn into a tedious political blog. That's all. :)

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I appreciate it! :D

Friday, March 10, 2006 12:28:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.