Monday, February 27, 2006

Sophie'sKirk's Choice


So last night on the local news they did a story about how some people at Harvard University have created an online test that claims to assess your conscious and unconscious preferences on racism. Though racism was the focus of the news story, the site actually offers over 90 different topics ranging from pets to political issues, ethnic groups to sports teams, and entertainers to styles of music.

Though I went to take the test on racism, I didn't know how to find it. I wasn't able to find out how to take a specific test, so I took some tests on the random topics it gave me. My results are above and here are my reactions to those results:

Apple vs Microsoft- Doi
Meat vs Vegetables- "
Johny Kerry vs George Bush- Whaaaaat? (*said with donkey teeth a la Drawn Together)
Young People vs Old People- My hatred is equally divided among both.
Democrats vs Republicans- Duh
Single vs Married- "Slight?"
Books vs Television- I can live with that.
Pepsi vs Coke- "
Evolution vs Creation- A little more than "slight."

The series of tests are part of a project called Project Implicit. Click here to try it. And although I found taking the various tests addictive, for the most part I wasn't all that surprised by the majority of the outcomes.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh thanks! I love these things...even though I know the outcome before I start, I still love them.

And yay, someone else who hates both old people and kids! Gawd they all suck! :)

Tuesday, February 28, 2006 2:43:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.