Monday, March 27, 2006

What I'm Listening to: Vol. 8


One of the local pawn shops recently had a sale on all their CDs: $1 each! So, you know I had to take advantage of that. The rest I ordered from either Half.com or bought at Half Priced Books. LOTS of good stuff this time around. Very few duds (with the exception of the Curtis Mayfield CD. It's not even him singing on most of the songs!).

If you aren't familiar with the Hotel Costes CD series, I highly recommend you check them out. They may be a little pricier than the average CD, but they are a sure thing e-v-e-r-y time (that includes all the tracks as well). Guaranteed smooth, chill out music. Think: Ambient meets New Age Lounge with a hint of Electronica. Not dance music, but music for when you want to chill out and drift away. I recommend volumes 1, 3, 4, 6 and 7. Those are the ones I've heard and own. Sooooo good. Also, my most recent purchases (the last 3 CD titles) are all really good. Especially if you like Samba, Lounge and Dance Remixes. Four stars!

Anita O'Day- I Told Ya I Love Ya, Now Get Out
The Gorillaz- Demon Days (With Limited-Edition DVD)
Hotel Costes: Vol. 7- Various Artists
Dolphin Boy- Gateaux Youth
Second Sun- Inside Out
Black Box- Strike It Up (Single: Promo Only Remixes)
Eartha Kitt- Purr-Fect: Greatest Hits
Judy Garland- I Can't Give You Anything But Love
Pretty Poison- Catch Me I'm Falling
Ace of Base- All That She Wants (Single: Remixes)
Rob Dougan- Furious Angels
Smart E's- Sesame's Treet
Mayfield Remixed (*Don't bother with this one. What a lemon.)
Bill Evans Trio- Trio '65
Anita O'Day Swings Cole Porter With Billy May
Culture Club- Kissing to Be Clever
Kill Bill Vol. 1 Soundtrack- Various Artists
Kill Bill Vol. 2 Soundtrack- Various Artists
Electro Kills: This is Just a Fad- Various Artists
N-Trance- Da Ya Think I'm Sexy (Single: Remixes)
Some Kind of Wonderful- Movie Soundtrack
Clubber's Guide: Vol. 1- Various Artists
Café Samba: A Brazilian Lounge Experience- Various Artists
Café Lounge- Various Artists

0 Comments:

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.