Friday, February 10, 2006

I'm a Dirty Birdy


A friend and I were recently discussing mean things we had done to people from our pasts. It reminded me of this story. Don't stop loving me...

About 15 years ago when I first moved to the town where I currently reside, I made friends with another guy my age online. As luck would have it, we were both going to be attending the same local university. We talked online all summer, eventually on the phone and got to be friends (or so I thought). One day while talking about our class schedules, it turned out that we had a class (Human Sexuality) together. We made plans to meet at the entrance of the bldg. our class was in, so we could finally meet and sit together. He asked for a picture, promising to reciprocate (which he never did). When it came time for class (it was a big class in an auditorium), he knew what I looked like, but I didn't know what he looked like. I waited at the entrance we'd designated, but he never showed, yet I got the distinct feeling someone was watching me in class...

After class, we had to sign in on the roll sheets that were taped up at the back of the auditorium (to show we had attended). I saw that his name was still on the roster AND he'd been in class and signed in...yet he never acknowledged me! I e-mailed him and said I was sorry I missed him (giving him the benefit of the doubt), but he never talked to me again, online or otherwise. I was fuming! So...

At the time, I worked at a nearby video store and out of boredom one day, I typed in his last name to see if he rented at our store (we both lived in the area, so it was a shot in the dark). As it turned out, his parents had an account and he was listed as one of the renters. I jotted down his info for safe keeping.

As fate would have it, he hadn't "come out" yet and the university had a student chapter of GLA (it was 'GLA' at the time: Gay/Lesbian Association....now I think it's called the GLBTA: Gay/Lesbian/Bisexual/Transgender Association...oy vey). I acquired some university stationery from the art dept. office, typed up a letter welcoming him to the GLA, enclosed some PFLAG (Parents, Families and Friends of Lesbians and Gays) brochures and sent it to his parents.

I like to think I helped simplify the inevitable.

*The first in a series of well-deserved dirty deeds.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Revenge is a dish best served with salsa!

Friday, February 10, 2006 9:14:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wunderbar!!!! Miss you!

Friday, February 10, 2006 10:27:00 AM  
Blogger mondo retro said...

HAHAHAHA! great story! makes me want to share one with you:

when i was 18, i started writing this guy who lived in another state. we met a few times, exchanged countless letters, faxes, and talked on the phone all the time (this was just before the email age). i was *so* in love with this guy. eventually he came to visit me for a few days and we decided that we were destined to be together forever.

about a month into our long-distance relationship, i bought a $300 non-refundable plane ticket to be with him over the holidays. the day after i bought the ticket, he told me that he slept with his ex-girlfriend. i was FURIOUS, of course, and devastated. so i dumped him. he told me he would pay me back for the plane ticket, but he never did. soooooo...

while we were "together" he had given me his phone card code info so i could call him and he'd foot the bill. since he never paid me back, i used his phone card to call psychics and sex chat lines and stuff. he was so pissed when he got that bill, but i was like, "meh. karma." >:P

Friday, February 10, 2006 11:51:00 AM  
Blogger Kirkkitsch said...

Dave-
Chunky style!

Princess wild cow-
I knew you'd approve! ;) I miss talking to you too! I hope things are coming together okay in your neck of the woods. Maybe I'll catch you on the IM one of these days!

Mondo retro-
Slept with his ex-girlfriend?! Is that all?! In the words of Lucy from Bram Stoker's Dracula: "You've got to go to him. You've got to love him."

LOL! What-eve! That's such bullshit. But you know there are plenty of people out there who have stayed together over less. I swear, some people are either retarded or just have no self-esteem whatsoever. Losers. People like that deserve each other.

Psychics! LOL! I love it! Did you call Miss Cleo? I remember those evil 976 numbers all too well. Just imagine what kind of damage we could do today. Ah, technology.

Thanks for taking the time to comment! :)

Monday, February 20, 2006 7:53:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.