Saturday, December 10, 2005

Richard Pryor Dies at 65


LOS ANGELES - Richard Pryor, one of the most groundbreaking comedians of the late 20th century, died Saturday morning of a heart attack at his home in the San Fernando Valley; he was 65." *Click here to read the entire article
_________________________

This came as very sad and unexpected news to me. Richard's been making me laugh for decades. I think the first time I ever saw him was in Uptown Saturday Night as Sharp Eye Washington. And it just blossomed from there. He was in so many of my favorite films: Silver Streak, California Suite, Stir Crazy, and the list goes on. A genuine comedy legend is gone. R.I.P. Richard.

2 Comments:

Blogger M said...

My fondest memories of him are from the movie where he runs for president, just to tell people not to vote for any of the candidates, and pointing out why they all stink. I'll never forget how his character's line was "None of the above!", meaning don't vote for any of them. I did know he was very sick, I'm sorry to see him go.

Sunday, December 11, 2005 6:02:00 AM  
Blogger Maven said...

I think the first time I saw him was on his SNL appearance, December 13, 1978, right around when I discovered at a young age I'm a night owl.

Now if you'll excuse me, while I whip this out...

Tuesday, December 13, 2005 12:37:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.