Friday, December 09, 2005

Infomercial Innuendo

I have bouts with insomnia, so I am no stranger to late-night infomercials. Sometimes I stumble across one that makes me laugh for one reason or another. I'm sure these are completely unintentional, but then I find humor in the weirdest place. These are my current favorites:


[1] Meet Dr. Ho (no relation to Dr. No). First, you gotta love someone who's responsive to the name "Ho." It's just fun to say. "Hey, Ho!" He's hawking his revolutionary massage system. It comes complete with:

DR-HO'S Massage System
• An Owner's Manual
DR-HO'S Fast Pain Relief Guide
• An Instructional DVD
• 2 Clip On Carrying Cases
• A Personal Travel Bag
• 2 Large Flex Tone Pads
• 4 Electrodes with Gel Pads
• 2 Pairs Replacement Gel Pads
• Foot Relief Massage Pads

[2] And speaking of pads... Check out the unfortunate name of one of Dr. Ho's satisfied customers: Kuntz Electroplating, Inc.. Do I really have to explain this one?

[3] And last, but certainly not least, there's the folks at IcelandHealth, who are hawking their product, Omega-3. And though it's sold me on its benefits, I'm always suspicious of any infomercial that doesn't tell you how much their wonderful product actually costs. This usually translates into "expen$ive."

Annyway, to the reason this infomercial cracks me up. While various "active" seniors demonstrate just how active this product allows them to be, this one clip in particular stood out. So, like the immature manchild that I am, I enjoyed countless rewinds, laughing more each time.

As you can see, Gram Gram and Peepaw have taken the grandkids to the ball pit at the local "fun place." As you can see, Gramps is a little too into it, while some of the balls land in an inopportune location. This obviously hasn't escaped his granddaughter's attention. Dirty girl.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.