Sunday, February 06, 2005

Tie One On! All the Cool Kids are Doing It!

Yesterday, while eating lunch, I ran across this article in The Dallas Morning News and found it very interesting. Though I am not a big drinker, I do sometimes enjoy trying the latest fad in mix drinks. Apparently liqueurs, and Hpnotiq in particular, are the new "it" drinks of choice at the moment. I've seen the bottles at the liquor store, but have never tried it.

From what I've read, Hpnotiq seems to be an extremely versatile liqueur and can be mixed with just about anything. According to the article, the drinks pictured in the image on the left are (from front): X-Rated, Hpnotiq, Limoncello and RémyRed. Personally, I really wanna try the Limoncello!

Before I start listing some cool recipes for drinks, you might want to click on the article (excerpt) above and read a little about the new wave of "it" liqueuers. Oh, and if you go to Hpnotiq's website, they have groovy intro music, lots of cool desktops to download and, of course, lots of recipes. I'll be listing the most popular ones here:

Hpnotiq Hulk
2 oz. Hpnotiq
2 oz. Cognac

Layer over ice.
Stir for transformation

Hpnotiq Breeze
1 oz. Hpnotiq
1/2 oz. Super premium coconut rum
Splash of pineapple juice

Shake well or blend.
Pour over rocks or into hurricane glass.
Garnish with pineapple wedge.

Hpnotiq-Tini
2 oz. Hpnotiq
1 oz. Super premium vodka
Splash of lemon juice

Shake well, strain into martini glass.
Garnish with a lemon, lime twist, or star fruit slice (yeah, I have star fruit lyin' around the house!).

Hpnotiq Mimosa (Hpnosia)
2 oz. Hpnotiq
2 oz. Champagne

Pour chilled Hpnotiq and champagne into a champagne flute.
Garnish with a lemon twist or orange wheel.

I couldn't locate an exact recipe for to make a Hpnotiq Limoncello, but I did manage to find the ingredients: Hpnotiq, limoncello lemon liquer, lemon vodka, fresh lemon juice & seltzer. Mmmm! Can't you just taste the crispness?! I can't wait to make one!

For more recipes using Hpnotiq, click here.

And for even more great mix drink recipes, not necessarily made with Hpnotiq, click here. Also, be sure and check out my new link in the Food section of my Links list (located in the left column of my blog) for a link to Syrup Magazine!

3 Comments:

Blogger Cheeky Prof said...

So it's only 11:00 am on Sunday morning. Is it too early for a drink?!

Sunday, February 06, 2005 10:56:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hypnotiq is a tasatey beverage straight out of the bottle, I think. Although, my wife says it smell like rubbing alcohol, or cough syrup, some such nonsense.

Sunday, February 06, 2005 11:26:00 AM  
Blogger Kirkkitsch said...

Cheeky Prof-
It's never too early for a drink. It's always happy hour somewhere. Lol! Besides, some of these drinks just sound too doggone good to resist!

Norrin Radd-
You know, I kinda got that impression (re: tasty straight from the ol' bottle). It just has this aura of crispness about it. Kinda like a Smirnoff Ice without the teen princess stigma.

Tuesday, February 08, 2005 1:49:00 AM  

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.