Sunday, January 23, 2005

The Tingling Means it's Sulfuric Acid Working

Last Friday I was starting to get a headache, so I decided to take a nice, hot bath. Sometimes this helps, sometimes it doesn't. This time it did. So, feeling rather upbeat and positive, I decided to "treat" myself and use some of that wonderful-smelling Totally Juicy Grapefuit Peel-Off Masque that I'd mentioned in a previous entry. Well, let me tell you, this was more of a trick than a treat. Unless of course, you're a masochist, which I am not.

While reading the instructions, I notice it says "keep away from eyes." Good thing that warning was there or my eyes would have been the first place I'd applied it. But as stupid as THAT sounds, I think my favorite part was where it said "It goes on your face, not in your face - please don't eat Totally Juicy products." So, I begrudgingly dismantled my Totally Juicy hoagie.

During the application I feel some light "discomfort", but I assume it's the acidity of the citrus and finish applying it. The tube did say it "purges pores and purifies." Well, then this shit was purifyin' like a motherfucker, 'cause I was tempted, more than once, to tear it away from my face and dive face-first into the nearest cool liquid, even if that meant the toilet. Yes, it burned that bad. However, I decided to wait it out (all in the name of beauty and mannequin-like pores). It did eventually stop burning and began to itch once it was dry and had tightened. After the entire masque was dry, I peeled it off and I looked... drum roll please... exactly the same (cymbal drop). I was expecting at least some Biore pore strips-action, but there was nuthin'. I think my face felt smoother though, but I can't be completely sure. It may have just gone numb from all the refreshingness.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, I feel like I really have to try this juicy peel just to get the full effect that you have described so accurately here. However, after having read your entry, I can now skip the hoagie part!
Chana
www.bunnyburrow.com

Sunday, January 23, 2005 1:05:00 PM  
Blogger M said...

You're not supposed to feel discomfort when applying a product, Kirk. Sometimes your sensitivity can be just temporary and the next time you apply it you may be fine, but if you feel discomfort again I'd toss it in the garbage, if I were you. Maybe you have sensitive skin, like I do, and you should buy products for that type of skin only.

Sunday, January 23, 2005 2:01:00 PM  
Blogger M said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Sunday, January 23, 2005 2:06:00 PM  
Blogger Kirkkitsch said...

bookofblogs-
Thanks for stopping by!

Chana-
Okay, but be prepared to dance like a Navajo Indian around the campfire that will be your face.

P.s.
I don't care what they say, it's still good eatin'!

Gatochy-
That's true. I never thought I might be cursed with "sensitive" skin. That's something to mull over. I've tried a cucumber one previously (a different brand) and it was just fine. I think I'll go back to that one. Besides I love cucumber-scented things! There's a place here that sells cucumber-scented candles. I just love 'em.

Monday, January 24, 2005 7:12:00 PM  

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.