Monday, December 06, 2004

Nobody Loves This Pig

No, silly! That's not the new title of my autobiography! It's the caption for the first little photo in today's collage. It's a lonely lil' ceramic pig that I saw on the top shelf of one of the many racks at the local thrift store.

As promised in Saturday's blog, entitled "Aaaaah Humbug!," here are various photos from my last quest for a decent winter coat. Sorry there aren't more, but I only take pictures of things I think are interesting, and sometimes this results in less photos. Remember, it's quality not quantity.

[2] Thrift Town. The premiere local thrift store chain.

[3] Promotional Dodge Ball window cling of Vince Vaughn looking like perfection in the window of the Lackluster Blockbuster near my house.

[4] A lonely doll amongst a pile of dolls in a bin at Thrift Town. Very cute.

[5] My favorite Furr's Cafeteria location. The building's great, no? It's been around since the 70's.

[6] My cafeteria choices: Fried cod w/tartar sauce, jalapeno cornbread, pumpkin pie, cherry Jell-O and iced tea. If I'd remembered to photograph my entire meal BEFORE starting to eat, you could have also seen my bowl of macaroni n' cheese. Sorry about that. I was hungry.

[7] This is where Meg Ryan's flat-chested doppelganger let Doofus, Jr. sign the electronic keypad, when she paid using her credit card at the local Office Depot. 'Cause "he likes it." (insert gleeful giggle) The check out girl just kinda forced a half laugh and I rolled my eyes for the 4th time that day (it was early, there were many more eye rolls to come). So Pokèmoron goes to sign it... once... twice... three times a moron. Yes, he tried three soulsucking times and finally gave up and handed the electronic pen over to mom. As it turns out he wasn't pressing hard enough. How precious. This act of retardery cost me 8 minutes of my life that I will never see again. Not that I was really in a hurry, I just had something else I needed to get back to. Oh yeah, MY LIFE! Jesus Christ! Having children really DOES lower you're I.Q. Damn!

[8] A bust of everyone's favorite anorexic, Barbie, as seen at the local Thrift Town. I fought the urge to give her Afro Puffs.

[9] I'll give you 3 guesses which superstore's foyer this hillbillylicious machine was in. No fair! You got it in just one guess! I find it more than a little ironic that this, of all things, was at Walmart. Notice how full it is. Why pay for something you already have? Walmart customers ain't no idjits!

1 Comments:

Blogger Kirkkitsch said...

nameless-
Comments like this make my day. Seriously. Thank you very much. Being no stranger to depression myself, I can totally emphathize. Glad I could be of some service. :)

Wednesday, December 08, 2004 3:03:00 AM  

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.