Thursday, August 05, 2004

The Light at the End of the Tunnel Isn't Always a Train

*Part 4 of a 4-part series

At this point, you may be thinking "Geez, what do you like?", so I will be ending this, the last of the four part series of blogs, on a positive note, so be warned. Like I always say, I'm a surface pessimist, but a closet optimist.

Again, I have assigned letters A-E for each set of pictures, for easy referral throughout the various categories of men whom I, personally, find attractive. The combination of their profiles, personalities and photos have culminated into what I wouldn't mind dating should the opportunity present itself.

A: This guy is so damn handsome, I can't stand it. I'm a sucker for a guy in glasses who's not an anorexic dandy. Great face, even greater profile. Appears to be the average Joe who, like myself, also enjoys the finer qualities of kitsch. He didn't give an age, so I'm assuming he either wants to appeal to a younger audience or has some kind of age complex. Regardless, he's #1 on the list.

B: Again, another guy with above average good looks. He also gets points for the glasses, the beard (I used to hate facial hair, I guess things change over time) and overall personality. He seems funny and we have a lot of the same interests, and we happen to be the exact same age. The one cause for pause: He has kids (and you know how I love kids). Depending on the domestic situation, I'd still date him.

C: Cute, cute, cute. This guy seems like a real person who likes to have fun. He's got a great nose and eyes and seems to be genuinely looking for a quality person. His profiles states that he's never been married, yet in the photo I detected a wedding band. He also loves to travel, which I normally detest, but again, with the right person, that might change. Whether or not you enjoy something in life, has so much to do with the company you keep.

D: The cutest little face, ever. Love the short hair and the goatee. Looks really young, but is actually 1 year younger than myself. Seems like an overall good guy. The only worry I have is the shirtless photo. That's usually one of the warning signs of manwhore. He's still cute, though. I'd still date him.

E: A cute guy with a great profile. He's new to town and seems like a levelheaded guy who claims to have a sarcastic and dry wit (sounds like my kinda guy!). The only downsides are he's a smoker and ironically prefers to date someone "Fit." I'd date him, but I don't think I'm his type.

And there you have it, folks. Just a few of the people whom I'm actually interested in. I even went so far as to send one an e-mail, but he never responded. Maybe his arms are in a cast or he's on vacation. Yeah, that's it. Well, if I've learned one thing from all my dating experience, it's that the people I like usually don't like me or vice versa. A lot of the time, it's mutual, but not always. Sometimes there's that certain click of personalities, but the physical just isn't there. Oh well, that's how it goes. As Robbie Neville, that 80's one-hit-wonder once sang "C'est la vie."

And now for the positive note, I promised at the beginning of this blog. I know nobody's perfect (neither am I) and I'm more than willing to meet the right person half way. And sure, I may have date trauma, and sure I may be what the sassy 'mos love to label "bitter," but what I've grown to consider "realistic," but this by no means means that I have given up on ever meeting Mr. Right. Deep, deep, deeeeeeep, deep down inside, I still have that glimmer of hope that one day I'll be somewhere, see someone trip and fall, laugh hysterically, and as my eyes look across the crowded room, he'll be there too...laughing. Kismet!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.