Thursday, November 09, 2006

Idiot in the Box

The night before last I made a late-night run to a nearby Jack in the Box. I was craving their Sourdough Grilled Chicken Club. In addition, I placed an order for a couple of their (2 for) 99¢ tacos. I drove up to the window, paid, took my bag and went home...only to discover they neglected to put my chicken sandwich in the bag. Oy.

I called them and told them what happened and they told me I could come back later to pick it up. So, I decided to go pick it up and have it for dinner last night.

While I sat there (Jack in the Box) and read the paper, lots of people began to come in. One of them was this loud, obnoxious woman whose volume control didn't seem to have a 'low' setting. As she trumpeted around, barking corrections to her order, asking stupid questions etc., I just rolled my eyes and wondered why high-maintenance people like her even bother to eat out, what with everything seeming to be such an effort for her. Then she did one of the most retarded things I've seen in a while:

After placing your order, they give you your cup so you can go get the drink of choice at the fountain. There they also have lids, straws and assorted condiments. The container with the lids is marked according to size.

The woman must have ordered a "regular/medium" because when it came time to put the lid on, it blew her goddamn mind because the lids marked "regular/medium" didn't fit! OMG! Stop the presses!

SO instead of exercising her common sense and choosing another lid until she found one that fit, she takes her drink UP TO THE COUNTER (which is swamped with customers) and complains that the lid "doesn't fit."

*insert blank stare from me. blink. blink blink.*

The cashier tells her that there are lids next to the fountain. She goes on to say that the container said "regular/medium" but it doesn't fit her regular-sized drink cup.

*I'm still not believing what an unbelievable moron she is*

As it turns out, the container that holds the lids is marked incorrectly, which she goes on to inform him. He grabs a lid and puts it on for her and she walks away, still mumbling about how it's not marked correctly.

Where's a gunman in need of a hostage when you need one? People are dingleberries.

3 Comments:

Blogger Sally said...

You should have shot a spitwad at the back of her head!

Thursday, November 09, 2006 11:02:00 AM  
Blogger Fizzgig said...

Because of assholes like that, I spent many nights crying after working at Taco Bell. People are rude, retarded, and mean. I despise the public!

Friday, November 10, 2006 10:54:00 AM  
Blogger Kirkkitsch said...

Sally-
I'd love to have tied a tight bow around her tongue with some piano wire. Lol! Whatta idiot.

Thanks for commenting! :)

Mon-
I'm right there with ya. The public at large is just getting more retarded as time goes on. When I worked retail (and probably will again), I was never lacking for headache-inducing customers. I think one of my all-time most-memorable customers was the one who asked if the Ninetendo games had to be rewound too (we had a rewind policy/fee). Oy vey. I think I just stared at her blankly for a few seconds before telling her "No."

Thanks for commenting! :)

Monday, November 13, 2006 3:40:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.