Thursday, October 05, 2006

Paperback Purchases

As promised, here is the first installment of my recent book purchases. First, the paperbacks:


Strange Fruit by Lllian Smith © 1948
The End of the Night by John D. MacDonald © 1961
A History of Shadows by Robert C. Reinhart © 1982
Comments: Love those cheesy 'dramatic' gay novels
The Lodger by Mrs. Belloc Lowndes © 1941
Rumble Fish by S.E. Hinton © 1977
The Catch Trap by Marion Zimmer Bradley © 1980
Comments: Another early gay novel. I think I may have this one, but with a different cover.
The Cheap Detective by Robert Grossbach © 1978
Phone Call by Jon Messman © 1979
Reply Paid by H.F. Heard © 1942
Comments: LOVE this cover. It's so ahead of its' time. The cover is so modern and the book is in such good condition, I was shocked that it was printed in 1942.
Barnabas Collins In a Funny Vein © 1969
Comments: Vampire jokes. You know I had to pick this up.
Selections From Better Homes and Gardens New Cook Book © 1983
Flash Gordon: The Ice Monster by Al Williamson © 1968
The Sky Block by Steve Frazee © 1958
Comments: Another great cover. I am such a sucker for a great bookcover.
Marye Dahnke's Salad Book by Marye Dahnke © 1961
Mystery of the Witches' Bridge by Barbee Oliver Carleton © 1969
The Voodoo MAD © 1963

2 Comments:

Blogger Fizzgig said...

I have that Better Homes and Gardens New Cook Book! It was my moms! I love it!

Monday, October 09, 2006 10:17:00 AM  
Blogger Kirkkitsch said...

Mon-
Sweet! I love almost all the older Better Home and Gardens cook books and interior design books. They older ones have such great, original and imaginative ideas. The newer ones...not so much.

Tuesday, October 10, 2006 6:25:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.