Friday, October 27, 2006

DVD Purchases


Legends of Horror Collection
- Mark of the Vampire
- Mad Love
- Doctor X
- The Return of Doctor X
- The Mask of Fu Manchu
- The Devil Doll
The Crush
Comments: Warner Bros. did an outstanding job with this boxset, some of the movies even have their original trailers! AND, they did what I wish more companies would start doing, when it comes to multiple DVDs in a set, they put the DVDs in slim cases instead of one of those cacca-doodie digipaks. Hurray! Now if Warner could do as good a job being my new cable company (they stink compared to Comcast).
Green Street Hooligans
Comments: I bought this for Elijah, that's about it. I'm sure it's a good movie, I remember seeing the trailer, but at the core: It's about Elijah.
Pink Lady...and Jeff: The Complete Series
Comments: For those of you who remember this super-obscure, short-lived novelty show from the 80's, you're probably as shocked as I was when it was released as a DVD boxset 5 years ago. I wanted it then, but it was one of those titles that I kept telling myself I would buy...eventually. Well, 'lo and behold, my friend Nathan bought it for me for my birthday. Whee!
The Facts of Life: Season 3
The Venture Bros.: Season 1
Comments: Wow, what a great animated show! I just love it. It's like a dysfunctional Jonny Quest meets The Hardy Boys.
"The Front"
Comments: A recommendation from Nathan that I decided to buy because (1) it was super-cheap ($4) and (2) I like Woody Allen...in small doses. And (3) the movie's premise sounds intriguing: # A cashier poses as a writer for blacklisted talents to submit their work through, but the injustice around him pushes him to take a stand.
Prince of Darkness
Comments: Can you believe there's an 80's horror movie I haven't seen? Well, it's true. There are lotsa people in this movie that I like (Donald Pleasence, Jameson Parker...ROWR!), PLUS it doesn't hurt that it's directed by John Carpenter. I'm saving it to watch on Halloween night!
The Night of the Iguana
High Anxiety
Comments: I thought the only way to get this movie was to buy the Mel Brooks boxset, so boy was I pleasantly surprised when I found it for sale, solo. Sweet! Besides, I already own all the Mel Brooks movies I want to own.
Windy City Heat
Greg the Bunny: Best of the Film Parodies
Comments: Okay, technically, I haven't bought this yet, since I can't seem to locate it locally, but I KNOW I will be buying it, so I put it on the list.
The Fairly Odd Parents: Abra-Catastrophe! The Movie
Ed Wood
Comments: I forgot how much I loved this movie until I saw it on cable recently. Again, it's one of those DVDs I've been meaning to buy, but I've been waiting to find it for under $15 (no small task). Well, I FINALLY did, so it's one of those I bought myself for my birthday. Also saving this one for Halloween night!
Rock 'n Roll Nightmare
Comments: Let there be no mistake: This movie is stink-o-rama. BUT, Jon Mikl Thor has some seriously juicy man pecs and that's about the only reason I bought it (re: the shower scene....ROWR!). The other reason? The showdown with "The Devil" at the end of the movie. OMG, it's so bad it's good.
Fighting Tommy Riley
Groovie Goolies: The Complete Series
Comments: *See Greg the Bunny
Nacho Libre
Beetlejuice
Comments: I have been meaning to buy this DVD for sooooooo long. Recently found it for $5. Woot!
Walt Disney Treasures: Mickey Mouse in Black and White ()
The Addams Family: Volume 1

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jameson Parker, from "Simon & Simon"?!
OMG, I had a HUGE crush on him back in the day.

Thursday nights were Crush Night at my house in the 80's....first "Magnum P.I."(YUCK!!) for my mom, then Jameson on S&S for me. LOL.

Friday, October 27, 2006 9:42:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I Netflixed "Green Street Hooligans" and rather enjoyed it. There are some really *hot* football hooligans in this movie. Mmmmmm......tasty.

Friday, October 27, 2006 2:00:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.