Thursday, October 19, 2006

Velox

A few years ago I was commissioned to sell an antique pre-Holocaust photo album that had originally been the property of an affluent Jewish family. Before I sold it, I was given permission to choose whatever photos I wanted from the album before it was sold. I put them in a 'safe place' (so safe, that I forgot where they were...I do that a lot) and just recently 'discovered' them all over again. I just love them and thought I would share them with you. *BTW, 'Velox' is the brand of photo paper (A Kodak brand) used.

[ Click image for more detail ]

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gorgeous! Do you know anything about the people who owned the album? Whoever took those shots had a very good eye!! What city were they taken in?

Thursday, October 19, 2006 7:27:00 AM  
Blogger Fizzgig said...

One thing about great photogrophy....its timeless. Those are just as pretty now as they would have been when they were shot.

Thursday, October 19, 2006 10:01:00 AM  
Blogger Kirkkitsch said...

Cheryl-
Aren't they great? I really do cherish them. I want to have them framed in some nice way, eventually. I'll have to think about it. I want it to look just right.

You know, I did all the research and such for the sale so many years ago that I don't remember any of it. I do remember thinking it was a fascinating family tree, but I honestly can't remember any of the details right now. Sorry, wish I could. I don't even recall what city they were taken in. I'd guess, but with all the different pictures, my guesses range from Belgium to England to Rome.

Thanks for commenting! :)

Mon-
So true. I've come across so many great images over the years and that is one constant. I love imaginative photography/subjects/perspective. I really love these pictures. One of these days I'll have to post some vintage photos from my Male collection. (I collect vintage photos of men, circa 20's through 50's.)

Thanks for taking the time to comment. :)

Friday, November 03, 2006 6:35:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.