Saturday, October 01, 2005

U-R-A C-U-N-T. Find Out What it Means to Me

In response to a blog post I wrote over a year ago, I recently received an e-mail from an irate individual named Lynn MacDonald. Lynn writes:

"I can see the look on your stupid face.Didnt your hairy knuckle dragging old lady tell you ,to think before you speak,or in this case,type.If you are clueless to the facts in any given arena,thatas not to make yourself look any more stupid than you are,you should keep your asshole of a mouth closed.I bet ole knuckle dragger runs to pull out all the pics of her little idiot to show folks her pride and joy.You are a joke.But then just as there are many kids abducted,raped ,tortured and murdered,there are more sorry air breathing waste of space running their illiterate asshole mouths like you.Tell knuckle dragger,"she shouldnt have let this one get by her."

Wow. Apparently Lynn isn't familiar with how to use an apostrophe or the spacebar. And speaking of stupid faces, I can't help but wonder what her face looks like when she sees that I know where she lives:

8307 Meadow Rd.
Dallas, Tx 75231-3701
(The Lodges Apartments: located between Greenville Ave. and Treehouse Ln.)(intersection at Rambler Dr.)
lynnmacdonald@sbcglobal.net

However, because I'm a gentleman, I'll won't be posting her apt. number and/or her home phone number...at this time, though several people have already shown interest.

Anyway, since the post was so old, and she made no specific reference to it, I didn't initially know what she was referring to, but with the name "amber" as the subject of her e-mail, and her IP address (67.64.145.243), I soon tracked it down to my September 5, 2004 post entitled "Let the Bad Times Roll: Remembering Sept. 11." I wrote a post about how I think it's ridiculous how some people in our society choose to commemorate/sensationalize/wallow in negative occasions (i.e. Sept. 11, Pearl Harbor, Columbine, etc.). Not that we should pretend they never happened mind you, but that there's no merit in sensationalizing them. True grief doesn't need an audience, nor should it have one.

Among other things, I wrote: "And don't even get me STARTED on the whole Amber Hagerman bullshit (8 years ago). All I can say is it must have been a slow news year. Sad? Yes. History-making? No. Kids disappear every year. You have to ask yourself what made this case so special? It's so obvious her media whore parents were involved somehow. And now those cuckoo birds and countless others gather each year to hold a memorial at the dumpster behind the grocery store where she was last seen. With all this mourning, the silk roses and tiny stuffed teddy bear industry must be making a killing (no pun intended). "

I said it and I meant it. With roughly 1,487,900 children missing in a given year, I still contend that one child singled out and exploited during a slow news week is bullshit. And when I say exploited, I mean it. Get a load of this red, white and blue/tug-at-your-heartstrings passage from an article at LighthouseDistrict.org: "Amber Hagerman was singing America the Beautiful as she pedaled her pink bicycle out of her grandparents' driveway last weekend." Oh puhlease. What? No sparkler? Interesting how this particular piece of in-depth information just happened to surface.

January is notorious for being a slow news month and what better way to kick off a new year than to sensationalize a "human interest" story, especially with such willing conduits as Amber's obviously-media hungry parents and the use of a child's photo?

Locally, everyone marveled at what a magical transformation Amber's father made during his period of mourning/media whoring, going from disheveled background dweller to well-groomed/dressed child advocate/media hound. Not suspicious at all.

My points:
• Do I condone child abduction? Of course not.

• Am I jaded by the fact that statistics show, compared to "Non-family Abductions", the likelihood of "Family Abductions" is more than 3x the amount of Non-family Abductions? Um, DUH.

• Am I surprised that some 42 (though my sources say she already celebrated her 43rd birthday this year) year-old, apartment-dwelling, white trash bitch still using dial up, took my post out of context then opened her cum receptacle of a mouth and proceeded to insert her foot? Not so much.

In closing I'd like to say thanks to Lynn for the blog fodder and for keeping her brain in mint condition.

12 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That was awsome! I havn't laughed that hard in a while ..

Sunday, October 02, 2005 1:04:00 AM  
Blogger Shannon akaMonty said...

I often wonder why the morons like that don't consider the fact that they will be held up for the rest of us to ridicule.

Or perhaps Lynn neglected to think before she typed. :)

Sunday, October 02, 2005 2:43:00 AM  
Blogger M said...

Re-reading what she wrote, it still isn't clear to me what she wanted. Did she think you were being insensitive by refusing to participate in all this collective mourning, the morbid taste for poking one's nose in other people's private grief; and for feeling disgust at those who prostitute their sorrows? Because in that case I must really be callous, I can't stand any of it either.

Sunday, October 02, 2005 4:18:00 AM  
Blogger T. Willie said...

Natural selection used to work so much better before penicillin...

Sunday, October 02, 2005 4:24:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

go you!

Sunday, October 02, 2005 7:58:00 AM  
Blogger ShellyS said...

The problem is there's a fine line between memorial and exploitation. The Amber alert system, coming out of an exploited murder, has helped the authorities find many missing children. When people exploit such events to do good, then I don't see the problem.

Nor do I see the problem with solemn anniversary commemorations for such events as Pearl Harbor, 9/11, and the Holocaust. When we stop doing that, we as a people, start to forget and IMO, we shouldn't and can't forget tragedy or we won't be vigilant the next time. And as a society, we seem to need such expressions.

But I do agree people go overboard in their public grieving and their claim for their 15 minutes of fame. I'm one of those people who think we go overboard with advertising, too.

But nothing could ever excuse the venom in that person (and I use the word "person" generously)'s email. There is never an excuse for such rudeness.

Sunday, October 02, 2005 12:09:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Opened a big can o' whup ass on her, didn't you?
Love,
Sarah

Sunday, October 02, 2005 6:16:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You dont think what you said was just a little bit harsh? Who are you to make such claims???? If your kid was missing and all you could do was worry,cry,and worry some more how would you look? I dont think you would give a shit.What happened to Amber was horrible.Thank GOD it got the media attention it did, because of that media attention her legacy saved many other childrens lives.Sometimes memorializing isn't about playing up media hype.Some people in the world still care and show that by saying "hey ...we haven't forgotten." Lets hope you never go through something like that. How can you sit and judge a family whos been through enough like that?? I think you are crossing a huge barrier from opinionated to downright cruel. With comments like that i'm surprised you diddnt expect someone to flame you like she did.Remember, life has a funny way about teaching people lessons. Looks like you have much to learn.

Monday, October 03, 2005 10:29:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

And, Mr./Mrs. Anonymous: It appears you are too chickenshit to learn any lessons since you refuse to identify yourself. Clever move, identify with that god of yours, do you?

BTW Kirk, quit letting anonymous assholes comment...if they have something to say, let them say it and show they have enough hair on their ass to back it up...

Tuesday, October 04, 2005 3:31:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

well Mrs.Cow, I cant leave an identity since I haven't signed up here, so i'll leave one on the "other" option. But I wouldn't want all my personal information put up on here for all to see either.I'm not that stupid. I believe there are governing laws that apply with that type of information bieng broadcast without consent. And are my opinons not welcome since this is apparently a group of people who finds someone talking trash about a family that experienced a terrible loss amusing? I dont see anything funny about it.Sorry i'm not that rotten on the inside that I can delight in something so perverse. This is my final post so spew your hatred all you want. I only hope your an ignorant child who will in time learn. If not, I pity you.

Tuesday, October 04, 2005 3:51:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Christine:

It is the exploitation trajedy that was being remarked upon. Not the tragedy itself. As far as mocking loss, I don't believe that occurred.

PS: It's Ms. Cow!

Tuesday, October 04, 2005 3:59:00 PM  
Blogger Kirkkitsch said...

Schnae-
Thanks! I'm glad you saw the post for what it really was. I've always believed truth is stranger/funnier than fiction.

Thanks for commenting! :)

AKA Monty-
The fact that they are morons with their own agenda pretty much guarantees that they're not thinking. People like Lynn are a dime a dozen.

Thanks for taking the time to comment! :)

Mariana-
Basically, Lynn was making a lame attempt at rallying against what she interpreted as a wrongdoing on behalf of children everywhere. A one-woman Save the Children battlecry, if you will. In doing so she completely bypassed the entire point of the post, instead focusing her energy on playing the hero. She, not unlike "Christine" feel that I should justify my opinion to them, which simply isn't going to happen. It wouldn't make any difference anyway. Logic obviously isn't their forte.

YourFriendlyCyborg-
So true. Now if we could only legalize mandatory sterilization for the terminally ignorant.

Thanks for taking the time to comment! :)

Sarah-
Thanks, Sarah! I calls 'em likes I sees 'em! ;)

Thanks for commenting!

Shelly-
Reuniting missing children before they come to harm is always a good thing. It's unfortunate that that isn't always the outcome. I'm not sure why some people's point of contention seems to be that I somehow advocated child abduction, but I don't. I guess I need to be more literal for some, in order to not be misinterpreted.

In addition, I don't have a problem with observing things, as much as I have a problem with the way they're observed. I guess I just find the hype of it all, a little hard to swallow. I know I'm not the only one that finds it hard to believe that every single person who died prematurely was somehow this perfect, angelic person in their daily life, destined for great things that would change all our lives forever. It's just not realistic.

As for the "person" who stirred the shit, then found out they might get some on them, people like them don't surprise me one bit. That's their m.o.

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I'm always receptive to intelligent comments. :)

Princess Wild Cow (Miss Cow, if you're nasty)-
That's just the sound of me opening the drawer to get the can opener. ;)

As far as the anonymous comments left by people, you know where I stand on that. Anonymous comments are for pussies. Besides, if you've read one, you've read them all. The people who have the most to say in direct conflict with what you have to say are just like those playground bullies you grew up with. They're all talk and no action. You gotta hand it to them though, at least they're consistent.

Thanks for taking the time to comment! :)

Anonymous/"Christine"-
First off, what I really find "amusing" is:

• Both you and the infamous Lynn have an aversion to apostrophes
• Both you and Lynn share the same location: Dallas
• Both you and Lynn use dial-up (albeit different Internet providers *cough*work*cough*)
• For someone who obviously doesn't like what you see, you've managed to return on more than half a dozen occasions.
&
• You frequent forums like Breeders World. Surely, even you can appreciate the irony in that.

As for my response to the convoluted e-mail, no, I don't think it was remotely "harsh." Trust me, I was a lot more civil than the likes of Lynn deserved. As far as what I blogged about, it's called an opinion. An astute observational comment, if you will.

As for the "what if your kid was missing?" rhetoric, it's not gonna happen. I have no children nor do I desire to have any children. Believe it or not, not everyone feels obliged to be made "whole" by reproducing. Sure, there are bad people out there who want to do bad things to children. It's awful, but it happens. That's why responsible parents have to safeguard against such things. Not pointing fingers only after something has gone wrong. It's called accountability.

In regard to someone "flaming" me, I think what was more surprising was the fact that it took them so long. After all, the post is over a year old. I can't be held responsible for every simpleton that decides to surf the Internet one day, stumbles upon my blog and finds something they don't like. I came to terms with the fact that some people, especially those in Texas, are easily offended/threatened by a difference of opinion.

And finally, I think what I find the most interesting is the fact that both you and Lynn seem to think that somehow guilting me into taking your position is a noble cause delegated to you. It borders on proselytizing, which I always find boring and predictable. Unlike yourselves, not everyone lives in a vacuum or holds your particular set of ideals and mores. That's known as individuality.

So, as far as lessons go, I guess we've learned there's really no such thing as an "anonymous" comment, is there "Christine?"

Wednesday, October 05, 2005 1:24:00 PM  

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.