Thursday, September 29, 2005

Mementos (Like Mentos, Just Not as Fresh)

I mentioned a while back that I went home to get my car inspection sticker changed. While I was there, my mom gave me a box of assorted things she'd run across while cleaning house. After sifting through them all, this is what I decided to keep. It was kind of a kick seeing some of it again.

*The Peanuts plate on the left is from my 7th birthday party! Fun!


[1] My 5th grade P.E. report card. It probably looks like a relic compared to today's report cards. Kids today probably get hologram or interactive CD-ROM report cards.

[2] The graphics from the front of a plastic souvenir bag from, the now defunct, Seven Seas (think Sea World) in Arlington, Texas.

[3] My 5th grade spiral assignment book. Notice the fagadelic cursive writing on "Top Secret!"...geez...it's best described as a cross between preteen girl and serial killer. Yeah, homework is so "top secret." *rolls eyes*

[4/5] A denim shirt my mom embroidered for me when I was in 2nd grade.

[6] How 80's is this? Wow. A notepad circa the late 80's.

[7] One of my favorite storybooks. I always loved the cover and the illustrations. Price: 15¢. Ah, the good ol' days.

[8] The Time Bomb from the game of the same name. It was kinda like playing Hot Potato. You would twist the red stem all the way around and it would start ticking. Then you would toss it around in a circle of friends and the one who was left holding it when it went off, was "out." Stressfuuuul!!

[9] A leftover Pac-Man napkin from one of my 80's birthday parties. I was obsessed with Pac-Man back then! I still love it.

[10] One of my kickass folders from my junior high years. I still think it's very cool.

[11] One of my favorite coloring books. Beautiful illustrations. I miss the days of good, detailed coloring books.

[12] Another of my favorite puzzle books. I always loved the cover with the pink kangaroo. One of these days I'll have to show you all my coloring book collection. Yes, I still love to color.

[13] This is an AWESOME old toy. The body of the train is made from metal, while the engineer is made from plastic. In its' heyday it used to run on 2 'D' batteries, made "wooo woo" sounds and the engineer would bob his head out the side!! How cool is that?!! And that's not all! There is a little area in the cockpit where the engineer is, that looks like a red-hot furnace, that lit up and "glowed"....AND you could buy little smoke pellets to put in the red recepticle at the front of the train, and it would smoke! Just too cool.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! awesome stuff! I love the exclamation point on your "top secret" notebook....

And I, too, have a coloring book collection....not as extensive as it used to be, but I still buy them. mmmmm, nothing like the scent of a freshly cracked box of Crayolas...

Thursday, September 29, 2005 3:04:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

am i the only one that finds the *pet for peter* really funny?

Thursday, September 29, 2005 3:46:00 AM  
Blogger Kirkkitsch said...

Kris-
LOL! Thanks! I was pretty easily exited back then. Exclamation marks RULED!!!

That's great that you still enjoy coloring books/crayons, etc. I remember when I was growing up that around the time everyone hit middle school, stuff like coloring and Saturday Morning Cartoons were for "babies." I was always one of those people that was like "Whatever." I love how kids are always in such a hurry to grow up then they're the first ones who start to fall to pieces at their first gray hair.

And you're right, there's nothing better than a new box of crayons. I wonder if the BIG box still comes with a built in sharpener or if today's generation of lil' retards have managed to maim themselves with it somehow, thus making it obsolete. I'll have to check.

Thanks for commenting! :D

OCB-
*gasp!* You dirty dirty girl! Why I never!...even thought about that. LOL! You're demented. I love it. ;D

Seth-
Wowee! Golly gee willikers (my impression of 'tard mand), I haven't seen you in such a long time! I hope things are going well.

Thanks for the birthday wishes! I hope you had a happy one too. I forgot our birthdays were so close together. Hey, at least people called you. None of my "rel world" friends even remembered. You can only imagine how shocked I was...not. Turds.

Thanks for stopping by! :D

Tuesday, October 04, 2005 12:47:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.