Sunday, September 25, 2005

Revenge of the Rheeee!

Well, I managed to do it again. I just embarrassed the shit out of myself at the grocery store. I had a craving for a BLT, but alas, I had no B no L and I don't like the T anyway, so I decided to make a quick run to the store.

There's a new grocery store down the street and they have really cheap groceries, so naturally that's where I went. BTW, speaking of cheap, what the hell is "Economy Grade" bacon? Naturally, it was a couple of bucks cheaper than the other bacon, and I'll admit I was tempted, but the words Economy Grade conjured up images of orphanages and scenes from prison movies, and that time I saw that wedge of cheese at Albertson's that had the mysterious words "Cheese Food Product" written on the packaging. I opted for the other bacon, besides, it had real maple flavor cooked right in! Mmmmm! Maple-y! Anyhoo, I was just curious if anyone out there knows what Economy Grade actually means. I mean, it's not like bacon is good for you to begin with, but I just envision it containing sawdust and porcine byproducts.

Anyway, back to how I garroted myself in the parking lot. So, I gathered up my bags from the shopping cart, and as I was walking through the parking lot, my mind started to wander (as it often does), and *TWANG!* I get the shit choked outta me and drop my groceries. As it turns out, I did a throat limbo on some goddamn piece of rope (the blue and yellow thing in the accompanying photo), roping off one of the medians in the parking lot. Brilliant! Naturally, there were like 5 or 6 people just getting out of their cars and heading towards the store, so my humiliation had a captive audience. Rheeee!

*Epilogue: I just looked up "Economy Grade" on the Internet: The lower grade in both material and workmanship and intended for work where price outweighs quality considerations. Hmmmm. I kinda thought that might be what it meant. Interesting.

3 Comments:

Blogger ミス・イギリス said...

I started University this week, and bought some 'economy grade mince'...

i'll let you know if i die from it.

Sunday, September 25, 2005 1:18:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Economy grade is stuff that used to go along with "Ronnie" cheese. I sometimes buy what I call "ugly" bacon...it's the stems and seeds of the bacon world...And those damned blogger type words look make my astigmatism go berserk!

Monday, September 26, 2005 11:49:00 AM  
Blogger Kirkkitsch said...

Cutetwirler-
So, other things come in "Economy Grade" as well, huh? I had no idea. Personally, I'm waiting for a way to recycle toilet paper....okay, not really.

Thanks for commenting! Good luck at University! :)

Princess Wild Cow-
I still contend that "Ronnie" cheese made the best mac 'n cheese. My grandma used to get it and it tasted mighty good on a Saltine!

What 'blogger type words' are you talkin' 'bout, Willis? Me still don't understand? Are you talking about the words "SCUM" in the post after this one?

Tuesday, September 27, 2005 5:40:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.