Thursday, September 15, 2005

You Better Watch Out, You Better Not Cry

Every year I look forward to Halloween. A few weeks ago I was having Halloween withdrawels, so I decided to go and see if any of the stores were putting out their Halloween stuff yet. I paid a visit to JoAnn Fabrics. Since JoAnn's begins stocking friggin' Easter and Valentine's decorations the day after Christmas, I knew I could count on them for a Halloween fix.

Their stuff this year wasn't anywhere near as interesting as last year's, but there were a few things that stood out. I liked the bat cookie jar ($14), but I can live without it. Intead, I opted to buy a personal pack of Halloween-themed tissues made by Swankie and a Halloween cross stitch project (click image to enlarge). I'm so not gifted when it comes to sewing or anything, but I do enjoy doing small projects like the mini cross stitch projects offered by NeedleMagic. It's as big a commitment as I'm willing to make.

[1] Cookie jar #1 at JoAnn's.
[2] Spooky hanging ghosties and ghoulies at Kroger.
[3] Spooky Treats (love the logo!)
[4] Cookie jar #2 at JoAnn's.
[5] I miss "old school" honeycomb decorations.
[6] Great little pens that you can clip onto your backpack. Kroger.

2 Comments:

Blogger M said...

Such cool stuff! Halloween isn't a tradition around here, so I always see the cutest things when you post about it in your blog. Thanks! :)

Thursday, September 15, 2005 10:47:00 AM  
Blogger Kirkkitsch said...

Mariana-
Aw, I didn't know that! I brazenly assumed Halloween transcended the International Dateline! You would totally love it, if you like spooky goodies. It's the one time of year I look forward to each year! One of the few things that really makes me happy. I'm glad you like the Halloween post(s)! :D

Saturday, September 17, 2005 12:20:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.