Friday, September 09, 2005

It Remains to be Seen if Everything is Illuminated

Well, it looks like Popbytes beat me to the punch when it comes to blogging about the new Elijah Wood movie, Everything is Illuminated (*falls to knees, raises tightly-clenched fist skyward: "Curse youuuuu Popbyyyyytes!"...okay, not really.)

I initially fell in love with the groovy poster art and it didn't hurt that Elijah is a cutieface. Don't get me wrong, he's no Johnny Knoxville, but he'd do in a pinch. *goose*

Everything is Illuminated is based on the book by Jonathan Safran Foer. The synopsis is as follows: An American Jewish college student (also named Jonathan Safran Foer), travels to Ukraine to find out the truth about his grandfather, who managed to escape to America during the Nazi takeover. In the course of his investigations, which are both comic and poignant, Jonathan manages to find out much more than he had reckoned on.

I just watched the trailer and it looks interesting. I might go see it. I just dunno if I buy Elijah as the "quirky" character type. Yeah yeah, I know he's done the whole quirky thing in Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind and All I Want (which I bought because Debbie Harry is in it and Elijah looks hot). However, I SO didn't buy his emo faux-deep character in All I Want (besides, I saw the ending coming a mile away). I have a sinking feeling about his role in Everything is Illuminated. Magnified lens eyeglasses and a flinch-y persona do not a character make. We'll see.

Speaking of, here are a few others movies I'd like to see:
[ Click the movie poster to see its' trailer. ]



And yes, I even wanna see this movie, even though I read some bad reviews about it. I don't care. I am going through slasher movie withdrawels. Besides, I happen to find Kevin Williamson's teen horror stuff to be a lot of fun. Kinda like that "young adult" series of horror books I used to devour back in the 80's called Twilight and Dark Forces. If you haven't heard of them, you will...in October. I'll be sharing my extensive collection with you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.