Wednesday, September 07, 2005

For Better or (Allegedly) Worse

You've undoubtedly seen me gaga over the likes of Johnny Knoxville and/or Ryan Dunn on my blog, but I've managed to hold back on blogging about my love for Vince Vaughn.

I fell in love with him the first time I saw him, which was in Jurassic Park: The Lost World. Though, I realize that his "breakthrough" role was Swingers, my favorite of his early films is The Locusts. I LOVE that movie and I highly recommend it. The Locusts was the movie that turned me into a Vince fan forever.

Vince is one of the handful of celebrities whose films I make a concerted effort to collect on DVD. Johnny Knoxville, Jude Law, Ben Affleck and Clive Owen round out the others.

[ Rolling Stone/Star/Celebrity Living Wkly/Life & Style Wkly ]

Recently, an issue of the tabloid mag, The Star had an issue dedicated to the "Winners & Losers" in regards to weight loss/gain. They had poor Vince listed (who, incidentally quit smoking recently) as one of the "losers." To that I say "Bite me, Star." I bought the issue strictly FOR the photo on the cover that apparently they deemed worthy of the label loser. Personally, I think he looks H-O-T regardless. If you're really a fan of someone then it extends past just their appearance. Don't get me wrong, Vince is hot, but I also love his movies, personality, etc. No comment on his political affiliation. Nobody's perfect...except maybe Johnny...

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think Vince Vaughn is adorable! Even with his belly-- he looks like a cuddly bear. He's one of my "if I wasn't a dyke" crushes...and I loved him in Wedding Crashers--- fu-hu-hunnny boy!

Wednesday, September 07, 2005 2:37:00 PM  
Blogger Raj said...

Your blog is really funny.Will come back to read the archives later.:)

Thursday, September 08, 2005 1:08:00 AM  
Blogger Kirkkitsch said...

Kris-
Oh, I couldn't agree more. I just love his laugh. I think he was at his most beautiful in Pyscho, Return to Paradise and Clay Pigeons. God, he was hot in RtP. ROWR!

My "if I wasn't a homo" crushes are Lisa Bonet (circa her hip/cool 80's look before she got all cuckoo) and Brittany Murphy.

Raj-
Thank you! I appreciate the compliment. I'm glad you like what you see. :D

Thanks for commenting!

Thursday, September 08, 2005 5:04:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.