Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Upcoming DVD Releases Vol. 3

[R]= Rental [P]= Purchase [PVC]= Buy Previously-Viewed if Cheap



- Currently Available -

Dear Frankie [PVC]
Comment: I rented this recently and enjoyed it. Gerard Butler looks fuckin' H-O-T in this movie. Too bad he didn't get shirtless in a single scene. Daaaamn!

Saturday Morning With Sid & Marty Krofft [PVC]
The Complete Thin Man Collection [P]
The Muppet Show: Season 1 [P]
Sin City [P]
Life As We Know It: The Complete Series [PVC]
Nip/Tuck: Season 2 [P]
The Ring Two: Unrated Edition [R]
Trauma [P]
What's Happening!!: Season 3 [P]

- September 6 -
The Bela Lugosi Collection [P]
The Cabinet of Caligari [P]

Fat Albert's Halloween Special [P]
Comment: OMG, this is one of my all-time favorite Halloween specials. I never missed it when I was growing up. It ranked right up with with Raggedy Ann & Andy & the Pumpkin Who Couldn't Smile!

The Hammer Horror Series: The Franchise Collection [P]
Comment: I will finally be able to watch a Halloween tradition on DVD this year: The Brides of Dracula!

Millenium: Season 3 [P]
Ninotchka [P]

- September 20 -
Clone High: Season 1 [P]
Comment: I've been waiting for this one to come out ever since Undergrads was released to DVD. Now, if only Dr. Katz, Professional Therapist would come to DVD!

James Dean: Forever Young [P]
James Dean: Sense Memories [P]
Mind Hunters [R]

See Arnold Run [PVC]
Comment: Saw this made-for-TV turd on television. Suuuuucked. But, I like all the bodybuilder scenes from the 70's, so I'd buy it if it were cheap enough, which I'm sure it will be. I expect to be seeing this one in the previously-viewed bin for around $5-7.

- September 27 -
Lord of Dogtown: Unrated/Extended Cut [R]
Comment: I love my Johnny, but I'm gonna have to see this one first. I'll most-likely buy it used, simply because I own all his movies. I lurve him.

Stewie Griffin: The Untold Story [R]

- October 4 -
Alfred Hitchcock Presents: Season 1 [PVC]

The Amityville Horror [PVC]
Comments: *See my review here

Drawn Together: Season1 [P]

The Fog: Special Edition [P]
Comment: This harkens back to my complaint about multiple versions of DVDs beign released. This one is gonna have to be pretty special to warrant me to buy it. And if it has some kind of queer-ass featurette about the remake coming out in October, it's a no-go.

The Girl Most Likely To [P]
Comment: I looooove this movie. It's about time it was released to DVD! I LOVE Stockard Channing in just about everything she's done. This 1973 made-for-TV movie is about an ugly girl who undergoes plastic surgery and becomes beautiful. She then takes revenge on all the people who mistreated her when she was ugly. The 2001 slasher, Valentine pretty much followed the same premise.

Happy Tree Friends: Overkill [P]
Happy Tree Friends: Winter Break [P]
The Little Girl That Lives Down The Lane [P]

The Val Lewton Horror Collection [P]
Comment: I loooove Val Lewton's films and all of my favorites will be in this box set: Cat People, Curse of the Cat People, Bedlam and more!

The Velocity of Gary [P]

Wild Palms [P]
Comment: O-M-G. This was one of my major television events of the early 90's (1993, to be exact). I fell in love with this surreal, cyber mindfuck-based on religious principles rooted in corporatization. I even have the book and the CD soundtrack. Terrific!

- October -
Unleashed- October 11 [R]
Atomic Betty: Vol 1: Betty, Set, Go! & Vol 2: Betty To The Rescue-Oct.18 [PVC]
He-Man and the Masters of the Universe: Season 1: Vol. 1-Oct. 18 [P]
House of Wax: 2-Disc Widescreen Edition- October 25 [P]
The Strange Love of Martha Ivers- October 25 [P]
The Wizard of Oz: 3-Disc Collector Edition- October 25 [P]

4 Comments:

Blogger M said...

You have such a great sense of composition, I love your collages! And I had never seen that Wizard of Oz poster, its wonderful!

Wednesday, August 24, 2005 8:36:00 AM  
Blogger Kirkkitsch said...

Mariana-
Aw, thank you! You always say the nicest things. :D I love making the collages. So many images, so little time...

Isn't he cover to the new Wizard of Oz DVD set awesome? I totally loved it too! It seems to be inspired by the musical/play "Wicked," which is based on The Wizard of Oz lore taking place in modern times.

And speaking of musicals, I'll be doing a future post about my favorite broadway/musicals posters. Some really great design!

Thanks again. :)

Friday, August 26, 2005 8:28:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cabinet of Dr. Caligari is a great one. A must-see.

Wednesday, August 31, 2005 12:27:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Kirk. I found some little time to have a better look around your blog, much as I said in my email, very impressive and none more so than this collage.
Would I be correct in assuming you employ some special software to achieve such a long upload?
I am a newbie to this game and have been trying to achieve something akin to what you have here.
I have experimented with various test pieces for height but seemingly Blogger has default limits on height, about seven inches on screen irrespective of test pieces being far in excess of this.
If you could shed a little light or give a tip or two I would be most grateful.
Regards.
Himself

Monday, January 01, 2007 2:50:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.