Tuesday, August 23, 2005

So Cute You Could Puke*

I had to take this picture because it made me think of that line from Steel Magnolias where the mother, upon hearing the names of the shades of pink the bride-to be has chosen for her wedding (Blush and Bashful), comments: "How precious is this wedding going to get, I ask you."

Well, that describes how I felt when I saw that the local Tom Thumb has labeled their mini bags of carrots. Not content with the passé "mini carrots," they've deemed them "mini carrettes."

I just felt my buttcheeks clench.


*Ripped-offInspired by Gatochy's series of posts.

2 Comments:

Blogger M said...

I wonder what they're trying to pull by calling them that -- is one supposed to say it aloud with a French accent or something? Ah oui, les mini carrettes, c'est si bon...

Tuesday, August 23, 2005 8:00:00 PM  
Blogger Kirkkitsch said...

Mariana-
I dunno. It's all just part of the foofitizing of the mundane. For example: I dunno about you, but when I was growing up we used the term "noodles," but now it's pasta. Well, la-dee-fuckin'-da. It's all just a mindfuck. Just like Starbuck's calling their small a Tall, a medium a Grande and some completely made-up word, Venti to mean large. Whatever. Too faboo for me.

Wednesday, August 24, 2005 8:28:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.