Monday, August 22, 2005

Mouthwash, Pepsi and Post-its, Ohhh My!


Ah, the dream boys of summer...commercials.

A Behold the sleeping beauty of the new car wax from Armor All. The premise of the commercial is that you don't have to spend forever waxing your car now, with new Armor All Wax-It-Dry.

B Then there's one of my favorites, the Listerine hottie who is supposedly trying to withstand rinsing his mouth out with said mouthwash for 30 seconds, then spits it out, relieved, yet his mouth isn't wet. Amazing. Oh well, there's no room for reality in a commerical, anyway. He's still cute. BTW, I tried this test of willpower and it's pretty hard to do the first few times.

C Then there's the newest hottie on the commercial block, the guy in the new Diet Pepsi commercial. He is fuckin' H-O-T (I esp. love the second picture after he takes a drink and his lips are all squnched-up). The commercial is done to the tune of The Bee Gee's version of Saturday Night Fever, while the guy walks down the street, oblivious to all the attention he's getting (natch), sippin' on a Diet Pepsi. Click here to see the "Diet Pepsi Guy Watcher" commercial in its' entirety.

D Ah, the Post-it guy. He's a cutie and the commercial's concept is great, but the thing that's driving me crazy is that I can't place where I've seen him before! Aaaaiiiggh! I know he was in some movie I've seen, but, for the life of me, I can't place it! Argh!

E Then there's the guy who's trying to retrieve his "cheese" from his own fridge, via an ATM machine installed in the door. I forget what bank it's for (I wanna say Compass), but it's basically saying why pay a fee to get your own money out of an ATM machine. Here! Here! They claim they'll even refund any fees charged by other ATM machines. Wow!

F And last, but not least, the cutie from the Dentyne Ice commercial. The commercial is pretty lame, but the guy is hot. I also remember him from a Pringles commercial where he had the "greasy"/broken bag of chips and the little girl sitting next to him had the can of Pringles. She was such a smug little bitch, I wanted to punch her in the face. He, however, needs kisses. Mwah!

As I mentioned in a post around this time last year, I just love Kevin Christy. Sure he's "bookish and doughy," sure his teeth are "seriously screwed up," but I still love him. What can I say, I have a weakness for cute, bookish dorks. Sigh. The reason I mention him is because, as you can see, he is the new spokesperson for the new Crunchwrap from Taco Bell. I really miss seeing him on the short-lived TV series Good Girls Don't, which premiered on the Oxygen network last year and only lasted 8 episodes. Those bastards. Yet, they continue to produce more episodes of that bullshit excuse for a "reality prank" show with a menstrual cycle, Girls Behaving Badly. Ech. There is no justice in this world.

I dunno why really, but I find this guy kinda attractive. I think it's because he reminds me of Mario Lanza for some reason. He's in some commercial for some deli-style lunchmeat (he also played one of the frat brothers in Sorority Boys, fyi). The particular brand escapes me. All I know is I've bought some in the past and it's overpriced for what you get. You're definitely paying for the packaging. Save yourself some $ and go with the Dagwood's shaved lunchmeat or even good ol' Buddig.

4 Comments:

Blogger M said...

Hi Kirk! Just to let you know of a new blog I started on all things Hello Kitty. That's right, emotional maturity is my middle name. ;) XOXO.

http://kittyhellohellokitty.blogspot.com/

Monday, August 22, 2005 5:00:00 AM  
Blogger Kirkkitsch said...

Mariana-
Thanks for the heads up! Your new blog sounds like a fun idea! I didn't know you had such a passion for Hello, Kitty. I really miss our San Rio store that used to be at the mall. It was one of the few reasons I would even set foot in the mall! Everytime I walked into that store, I always felt a little overwhelmed, but cheerful. I still find/buy some Hello, Kitty goodies from time to time, though.

I've linked to you here, and I'll link to you over at Jam Handy! as soon as I get around to creating a Links area! :D

Tuesday, August 23, 2005 7:35:00 AM  
Blogger Dennis! said...

Yeah, these guys are hot. I really like the Post-It commercial just because it's kind of a striptease that way.

I bought some of that "ulta-thin" ham recently, and frankly, I don't understand that particular selling point. Just because it's sliced thin? They're packed so tight that you end up grabbing two or three slices for your sandwich anyway, so what's the difference between that and just taking once slice of the "regular" slices? Oh, and "ultra-thin" also means "more likely to rip somewhere other than the cut."

Okay, I'll shut up now....

Tuesday, August 23, 2005 3:29:00 PM  
Blogger Kirkkitsch said...

Dennis!-
I know what you mean about the Post-It Notes commercial. I kept wanting some guy to take the one off his nipple. Lol! It didn't happen (on camera anyway)

I'm not a big ham fan, but I love the turkey. I used to do the same thing (re: ...you end up grabbing two or three slices for your sandwich), but now I separate them and kind of pile them up on the bread. I guess I got the idea from the sandwich on the front of the package (re: Dagwood). It must be psychosomatic, because I can get two sandwiches out of 1 pkg now, instead of just one. Plus, it looks like it's LOADED with meat! Lol!

Also, I like to get the pepper turkey, sliced at the deli. OMG, that's good, too. BUT I don't like it SO thin that you practically rip it to shreds just trying to pick up a piece! Grrrr!

Wednesday, August 24, 2005 8:20:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.