Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Kung Faux

Recently, while making compilation videos for friends near and far, I stumbled upon this AWESOME (dare I say fuckin' awesome?) show called Kung Faux. OMG, it's the best thing to come along since Strangers With Candy and/or Mystery Science Theater 3000! What exactly is Kung Faux, you may be asking. Well, here's a synopsis courtesy of the Kung Faux site: Kung Faux is a series of classic Kung Fu films that have been individually re-cut down to standard television half hour lengths, re-scored with hit music, re-dubbed with the comedic voiceovers of Hip Hop personalities, and re-combined with comic book-style graphics and video game theme pacing for a complete sensory blast!

So far, I think my favorite episodes have been Pimp Stick and Mini Lee. Pimp Stick, favorite scene: the retarded kid (AKA "Retardo") who likes cheese and Mini Lee: where a sexually-confused Mini Lee (AKA "Hatcha"), in a drunken stupor tells his friend to "Gimme a hug. Gimme a hug in the balls." LMAO! This show is cracking me UP!

Though I'm normally not a big fan of Hip Hop, I am totally diggin' the music for the show. I just wish they would include who the artists are and the names of the songs at the end of the episodes! I'd be buyin' me some new CDs!

Currently there are 30 episodes and 15 volumes in development. Volume 1 is currently available for purchase at Amazon.com for around $20 and contains episodes 1 and 2: III Master and Boxcutta.

Kung Faux will be premiering on an upcoming new cable channel called Ripe TV (coming September 2005), but you can currently watch some of the episodes online at the Kung Faux site and/or if you have OnDemand with your cable company, you can find episodes under the "Cutting Edge" category. Hikeebah!

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I totally just added Vol. 1 to my Netflix list. Thanks Kirk.

Wednesday, August 10, 2005 2:27:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

haha love ur site. found you through blog explosion. your sarcasm reminds me of Chandler from 'Friends.' I added ur site to my favorites cuz ur blog defiantly seems like one I'd like to read again. TTYL.

Thursday, August 11, 2005 2:36:00 AM  
Blogger Kirkkitsch said...

Mark Rogers-
Cool! I hope you like it. I just watched "Honey Pie" and it was still a lot of fun as the others I've seen.

Ray Ray-
Hi! Denton, huh? They have some great book/music stores there!

If you get the chance, try and catch an episode, either online or elsewhere. They're a lot of fun!

Thanks for commenting! :) ...BTW, was the name "Ray Ray" inspired by Johnny Knoxville's character from A Dirty Shame?

Sammy-
Thanks Sammy! :)

Ruthann-
I love Chandler! He was always my favorite on Friends. Very underrated. Everyone always liked Joey, who I found repugnant. Oh well.

Thanks for the compliment and thanks for taking the time to leave a comment! :)

Thursday, August 18, 2005 12:39:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I liked it so much, I'm about to write a Kung Faux article for Analog Medium. I can't wait for more of them to be released on Netflix.

Wednesday, August 31, 2005 12:29:00 AM  
Blogger Story Charms said...

Hi - thanks for bigging up Kung Faux - it is the greatest, I have the DVD and the rest of it on tape. Almost every time I think about writing a post, or even a comment, I find myself wanting to find a way to say 'SCHOOLED'

Thursday, September 01, 2005 8:29:00 PM  
Blogger Kirkkitsch said...

Mark-
That's awesome! I'm so glad someone else is digging it as much as I am! I'm still waiting for new episodes to pop up on OnDemand on digital cable. So far, just the "Honey Pie" episodes (think of a Kung Fu movie with a Dukes of Hazzard twist...southern accents, etc. Hilarious!)

Storycharms-
LOL! Oh, I so know what you mean. I find myself going "Ta-Dow!" all the time. Emeril would be jealous. It's the new "Bam!" I also love "Blurjitsu" (if you've seen the Pimpstick episode(s), you know what I mean).

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I'm always happy to hear I've turned someone onto something new! :)

Sunday, September 04, 2005 3:22:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.