Wednesday, August 10, 2005

C'mon People Now, Smile on Your Brother...

Hey gang, not unlike ABBA, I'm sending out an S.O.S. On a recent trip to the public library, I signed onto one of their computers (PC) just for the heck of it, to see what my blog looked like on a PC. The library uses Internet Explorer as their browser, while I use Netscape. Anyway, I was dismayed to see that 1) All my post text/links are all centered! and 2) the post font is all in lower case. Me no likee. These areas of my blog appear completely different on my computer.

Well, here comes the S.O.S. part. I scanned through the blog template and tried a few things, but I can't seem to figure out what to change in order for the post/links text to align leftt AND to change the font to upper/lower case. My #1 priority though is aligning the text left (*I had originally typed 'right'...sorry about that). If anyone knows how to access the "page source" and could tell me what/where to make changes, I'd sure appreciate it! I'm not losing sleep over this yet, but I know how anal I can be when it comes to certain things, so I'm sure it's just a matter of time.

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you want to align the text in your posts to the right look for the following in your CSS definition:

.post p {
margin:0 0 .75em;
line-height:1.6em;
}

and add one line like the following:

.post p {
margin:0 0 .75em;
line-height:1.6em;
text-align:right;
}

That should get you started ;)

Wednesday, August 10, 2005 8:11:00 AM  
Blogger Anita said...

I just thought you did it that way on purpose!

Wednesday, August 10, 2005 1:52:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay, one more go.

It's actually .post and not .post p that you want to change. Try setting the following instead:

From:

.post {
margin:0 0 2.5em;
}

To:

.post {
margin:0 0 2.5em;
text-align:right;
}

Thursday, August 11, 2005 8:44:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

D'oh. It's too late for me to think.

You said left yeah? NOT right!

Make that:

.post {
margin:0 0 2.5em;
text-align:left;
}

Thursday, August 11, 2005 8:48:00 AM  
Blogger Kirkkitsch said...

Damian-
Thanks for all the help! I really appreciate it! Now I'm working on changing the font so that it looks like what's on MY computer, for everyone else! Thanks again! :D

Ms. Q-
Oh no, I would never want it centered, it just looks odd to me. I can't believe it took me this long to find it out. Lol!

Tuesday, August 16, 2005 8:23:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.