Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Alternative Blogstyles

Hey kids! I just wanted to give you the heads up on a new blog traffic generator called BlogExchange. I was inspired to look around when my new blog, Jam Handy was recently denied over at Blog Explosion. But I understand. I realize that during these times of "Terror," just how detrimental recipe blogs can be! Anything could happen! God Bless America. Besides, I've only been with BE for a little over 8 months. I could be up to no good. Maybe I'll send shockwaves through their system by re-submitting it again, some other time. What am I, some kind of maverick?!! Maybe. Oh well, at least they get the job done when it comes to circulating my little banners. Woot!

In the meantime, I decided to look around and see what other blog traffic generators were out there. I'm already familiar with Blog Clickers and Blogazoo!, neither of which I use very often. Blog Clicker is a nice change of pace from BE because since the Mommy Blog clique doesn't seem so heavily invested over there, but it takes FOREVER to generate any credits from surfing. And Blogazoo!, well, it's just too convoluted for me to try and maneuver my way through. Put simply, I don't have the patience for it.

And that's when I came across BlogExchange! It's fairly easy to get started and they give you 100 credits just for signing up! And the coolest part: No blog surfing necessary! How cool is that?! The way BlogExchange works is actually quite ingenious. You simply create/upload a self-promotional blog button (they even have a FREE button maker ON the site), submit it, and then simply copy and paste the HTML code into your template. The code places a random promotional blog button on your blog, which changes with every refresh. Every time someone clicks on that button, YOU get a credit...or something like that. It's all still relatively new to me. I also LOVE that you can promote your blog (they call it 'plugging') right on the main page, simply by uploading your blog's button! It's a cool new site with a great look, great resources and no signs of anyone with a God Complex...yet.

P.s. According to Analog Medium Online, he's also discovered a new blog traffic generator called Blog Advance. According to AMO: "it's a surf-for-traffic program similar to Blog Explosion or Blog Soldiers." I went and signed up and i must give them a big thumbs up for having a chat room AND offering the capability of opening private chats. Woot! No more sitting through those soul-sucking "I'm on vacation, lemme tell you about it for the 10th day in a row!," "Mommy blogs rule!," computer nerds debating the eXtreme world of the latest programming language and the inevitable grumbling over the Battle of the Blogs. Rheeeee!

4 Comments:

Blogger M said...

Thanks for the heads up, Kirk. I liked the idea of Blogexchange much, much better than blogexplosion (that as you may recall I always hated) and I signed up. Thanks again! :)

Wednesday, August 03, 2005 2:33:00 AM  
Blogger GrandPooOfAwesome said...

they denied your recipe blog? oh the hilarity!

Wednesday, August 03, 2005 3:03:00 AM  
Blogger M said...

Yeah, such morons to refuse your lovely recipe blog.

Oh, and it might interest you to know that both your buttons (The "My So..." and "Jam...") have shown up in my blog several times already! :D Has my Gatochy button shown up in yours?

Thursday, August 04, 2005 1:45:00 PM  
Blogger Kirkkitsch said...

Mariana-
You betcha! I'm always interesting in new site that promote my blog! I also really like their concept over at BlogExchange a lot more, too. Not that I ever really surfed that much. I have so many referrals, I really don't have to.

Cool! I haven't seen your button as of yet, but I'm sure it's only a matter of time. Again, what a great concept!

GrandPooOfAwesome-
True, true. Scary ain't it? Egads. But I'm sure those Mommy blogs sail right through. Lol! Pathetic.

Friday, August 05, 2005 11:31:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.