Tuesday, March 15, 2005

Cha-Cha Boogie Blues

As promised, today's blog is going to focus on the records I recently purchased at nearby flea markets and thrift stores. I always respond to great covers and these are no exceptions. As a rule I buy most of my records for the music (I love Mario Lanza!), but I also buy some solely on the basis of their great covers. Most are in good-fair condition, while the record for The Wild One looks like someone used it to buff a cement floor. Oh well, you can't have it all.

Harmonicha Cha-Cha- The Harmonicats

Let's Cha Cha Cha- Tito Morano and His Orchestra

Jazz Themes From The Wild One

Blue Hawaii- Billy Vaughn and His Orchestra

Bionic Boogie ©1977

Do You Wanna Go Party- KC and the Sunshine Band ©1979

For The First Time- Mario Lanza ©1959

Romeo & Juliet- Original Soundtrack ©1968

I bought the Romeo & Juliet record because I've always thought they (Leonard Whiting & Olivia Hussey) were the most beautiful Romeo & Juliet I've ever seen. It's insane how beautiful some people can be. I mean I loved the pop art iconography of the 1996 remake with Leonardo DiCaprio and Claire Danes, but they don't hold a candle to the pairing of Whiting and Hussey.

2 Comments:

Blogger M said...

I love the queen bee squeezing her own tit, and the couple on a champagne cork -- hysterical! :)

And I agree about Olivia Hussey. Not only is she beautiful, with the eyes of a kitten, but there's an innocence about her that you don't often find. I loved her as Mary in that series about Jesus of Nazareth.

Tuesday, March 15, 2005 3:03:00 AM  
Blogger Kirkkitsch said...

Gatochy-
Oh man, you picked out my 2 favorites. The concept of the "Bionic Boogie" album is SO great I'm really surprised it wasn't duplicated at some time by someone else. I love the idea that she's some sort of human radio, with the radio dials on her nipples and the frequency window on her chest. VERY cool.

I also love Olivia in Black Christmas (one of my all-time favorite scary movies) and the remake of The Cat and the Canary. If you haven't seen that one (Re: Cat & Canary) check it out. I just know you will love it!

Wednesday, March 16, 2005 1:25:00 AM  

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.