Wednesday, September 08, 2004

Button for Punishment

With the news of my 15 year high school reunion still in the back of my mind, I was pleasantly surprised when I ran across some buttons I used to wear on my denim jacket, back in the 80's (*For those not familiar with the fad, wearing lots of buttons on your jacket was "cool" at the time). So, I was motivated to locate all the buttons I could find. I know of a few more that I had but couldn't find, one of them being my all-time favorite, which I'd gladly wear today. It was a red button and in white lettering it said "Oh shit. You're going to talk to me, aren't you?" I know I had some Duran Duran (I thought Roger Taylor was so damn HOT!) buttons somewhere too, but I couldn't locate those either. I always wanted a Corey Hart button, but I never found one.

I noticed that a couple of the buttons were kinda hard to read, so I've labeled them "1" and "2." [1] Don't cry over lost love. Move on and make the next person miserable [2] Why don't you slip into something nice, like unconsciousness. The few Kylie buttons were given to me a few years ago. They're the only new ones. Hope this blog inspires you to either find your own 80's buttons or at the least, inspires you to wear one.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.