Thursday, November 30, 2006

Mancandy


I love Vince Vaughn. Though everyone seems to know him best from his "breakthrough" performance in Swingers and in more mainstream comedies like The Wedding Crashers and Dodgeball, I first came to love him in a little independent movie called The Locusts. The movie co-starred some other favorites, Paul Rudd and Kate Capshaw. It was the movie that forever earned Vaughn a place in my heart.

Vaughn has since gone on to make a lot more mainstream "wacky" comedies (re: Old School, Be Cool, etc.), which I assume are more lucrative than the dramatic roles he seems to have abandoned (here's hoping!). I'm assuming once his young male demographic begins to wain, he'll get back into the more substantial roles like the ones that paved his career (re: Psycho, The Cell, Return to Paradise). I think he's a dynamic actor and I long for the days of his more dramatic roles.

In the meantime, I just bought The Break-Up on DVD and look forward to seeing him and Favreau, both of whom I think are handsome, "fat" or thin (eh, it's all relative). Dreamy. I just wanna kiss that little mole on Vince's left temple. *sigh*

2 Comments:

Blogger girlzoot said...

I adore Favreau, he is my favorite cuddly man-candy. They of course come in different types, cuddly, scary, brutish, the list is as varied as the mens.

Sunday, December 03, 2006 2:26:00 PM  
Blogger Kirkkitsch said...

Girlzoot-
True, true. The thing I find ironic is, that for someone (like myself) who loves the whole bodybuilder look, 95% of the male celebrities I find attractive, I have zero interest in their bodies as much as I do their face and/or personality. I mean, take Antonio Banderas, for instance. I think he can look reaaaally beautiful, but he has no bod to speak of. Strange what dictates taste.

Thanks for commenting! :)

P.s. See Favreau in Rocky Marciano (my personal favorite). ROWR!!! Daayum!

Friday, December 08, 2006 5:20:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.