Thursday, June 01, 2006

Home Sweet Home: The Pictures


[1] The interior of the drive-in where my mom and I had lunch.
[2] The best salsa and chips I've had in a lonnnng time!
[3] Man oh man were these enchiladas GOOD!
[4] One of the exterior architectural elements of the retirement home.
[5] Whitetrash model-face. Though he doesn't look it in this picture, he was much darker. I'm talkin' savage tan. *I apologize for the blurriness, but I was in spy-mode.
[6] Some assorted toys at one of the thrift stores I frequent when I go home. They have tons of dolls. I thought this was a bizarre way to display some of them.
[7/8] Flowers around my parents' house
[9] One of the tables in the lobby of the retirement home.
[10] This little cutieface fell out of one of the two nests (poor kid!) that the Martins (AKA Swallows) have built under my parents' carport for the last decade or so. My mom put him back where he belonged and no one was the wiser. For such a tiny little bird, he had huge feet. It looked so strange when she picked him up and these huge feet popped out from underneath him. LOL!
[11] The lobby of the retirement home.
[12] My salad from when I had lunch at the retirement home. Since I didn't want radishes or pea salad, this was as good as it got.
[13] Yet another architectural element outside the retirement home. Beautiful.
[14] Lunch, retirement home style: French fried taters, catfish, tartar sauce (this humongous glob was dished out for me by the waitress), chocolate cake (me no likee...tasted like it wasn't finished cooking throughout. Apparently it wasn't a problem for my father, however: he ate both mine and his. LOL!) and iced tea. I like a good glass of iced tea and this one was excellent.
[15] Detail of the embroidery on my mom's 'housecoat.'
[16] Meet Stinky The Wonder Runt! Okay, his name's not really Stinky, but he was the runt of the litter. Very sweet. He wants to come hang out with you.
[17] The real Axis of Evil.

Part 4 of 4

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That drive-in looks pretty cool. Painted the same color as my kitchen.

I think thaty sweet lil' kitten wants to come home with you!! :) C'mon, adopt him...you know you want to.

Friday, June 02, 2006 7:30:00 AM  
Blogger Kirkkitsch said...

Beps-
Thank you so much! It's always nice to hear that something I wrote made someone laugh! It inspires me to keep writing! Thank you! :)

Cheryl-
The drive-in is nice. Very small-town, but the interior makes it fun. Great color, BTW!

Oh, you don't know how close I came to bringin' that cute little runt home! But alas, he was my parents 'favorite,' so I couldn't bear to take him away from them. Actually, I'm planning on getting a shelter kitty, with "The Works" (spayed, declawed, potty-trained, older), closer to the Fall. Preferably one of those kitties that some older person had to give up when they were moved into a retirement center or something. A Rescue? I miss having a pet.

Thanks for taking the time to comment! :)

Wednesday, June 28, 2006 2:25:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.