Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Casey Spooner

Meet Casey Spooner, my latest crush. He's the lead vocalist for a group called Fischerspooner. I bought the album a while back, but I am still loving it. I recently caught their video for Never Win and fell in love with Casey all over again. I can't stop watching it and I LOVE the song (reminiscent of Pink Floyd's Another Brick in the Wall, which I've always loved as well). I think one of the reasons I like this video so much is that I 'get' a lot of the references (A Clockwork Orange, Elton John, The Police, KISS, Madonna, etc.), which is an interesting commentary on the fact that no matter how hard you try, you can't recapture your youth. At least that's my take on the video.

Casey never ceases to impress me with his ever-changing personas and imaginative music video concepts. One part performance art, one part infectious beats. I hope you enjoy the video and maybe even get their CD, Odyssey. It's loaded with great music from beginning to end!


4 Comments:

Blogger Bernie Keating said...

Amazing video. Anyone know who the director is?

Tuesday, May 23, 2006 2:00:00 PM  
Blogger Kirkkitsch said...

Bernie-
Isn't it great? All their videos are always so cool. John Kane directed this video and it was executive produced by Spooner's partner Warren Fischer.

Thanks for commenting! :)

Tuesday, May 23, 2006 6:07:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Interesting. It's got a good beat, and I can dance to it. Seriously, wanna burn me a copy of the cd? ;) I enjoy techno-pop.

Though I was a bit disturbed by all the people wearing Pittsburgh sports team colors in the video. (black and gold, and at one point he's wearing what looks to be a Pittsburgh Steelers silk robe. Icky!)

Wednesday, May 24, 2006 7:44:00 AM  
Blogger Dennis! said...

He does have a striking resemblance to Johnny Knoxville, no? Speaking of, I saw "The Ringer" the other day. Quite entertaining.

Thursday, May 25, 2006 5:30:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.