Monday, June 05, 2006

Best Buys


Long-Playing 'Microgroove' record: Tony Martin. 50¢
Lemonade Bomb Pops (NEW!). $2
Creative Zen Nano MP3 player. $40*
Comments: First off, I originally bought an iPod Nano for almost 7X what this cost, then found out when I got home that I have to be using OS X. Oops. Back to the drawing board. So then I saw this one on Amazon and it was ORANGE (my favorite color; comes in 8 or 9 colors), I had to get it. Anyway, here's the selling points for me:
- Stores up to 500 songs on 1 GB internal flash memory
- Includes an FM tuner, voice/FM recording, and line-in encoding (i.e. I can transfer MP3s directly from the stereo or portable CD player)
- Super slim and lightweight design (1.32 x 2.58 x 0.51 inches/0.8 ounces)
- Drive mode allows you to store data files such as photos, etc.
*Also included: earphones, USB 2.0 cable, line-in cable, AAA Alkaline battery, quick start booklet, installation CD, neck strap
Windex Lime: Multi Task (NEW!). $3
Funky Phantom comic book (1974). 50¢
Classics Illustrated comic book: Faust (1967). $1
Suave Coconut shampoo. $1.25
Comments: The smell of coconut always reminds me of summer. Now I smell like summer!
Puffs Design Motifs tissue (NEW!). $1.25
Muppets Exclusive action figure: Uncle Deadly. $10
Comments: For those unfamiliar with the Muppet, Uncle Deadly, he premiered in the episode where Twiggy was the host. Uncle Deadly is the "Phantom of the Muppet Theater." His interests include:
- Lurking around the theater
- Modeling the latest in cape wear
- A good old-fashioned melodrama
- Tap dancing
The figure is so detailed and nice. The ghost, skull and even Uncle Deadly himself, all glow in the dark! Very groovy. Only available online. I bought mine on eBay.
Chrome Dead Head watch. $35
Comments: I dug out of the trash found this catalog at the post office when I went to check my P.O. box. It was for a company called Bud K. They cater to the renaissance festival crowd, what with all the dorky swords and misc. LOTR-style weaponry, but they did have a handful of cool stuff too. This chrome "Dead Head Watch" was one of them. It comes in red or green (much more vibrant/richer in real life than the pictures on their site) and the skull flips up to reveal the face of the watch. I may be too old for it, but I bought it anyway 'cause I liked it!
Ohio Blue Tip matches (1970). 99¢
Sweet 'N Low box of 100 packets featuring The Pink Panther. $1.75
Betty Boop cowgirl Texas Lottery scratch off cards. $1 *Click 'scratch offs' to see all the fun/cool scratch off games we have here in Texas!

*With Amazon.com credit card application/approval: $30 off first purchase!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.