Wednesday, January 04, 2006

How to Beat the High Cost of Living

I realize that in today's economy that recycling and sticking to a budget is more important than ever, so that's why I'm writing today's post; to help you, my treasured readers, SAVE, SAVE, SAVE!

While rummaging through a box of books I came across yesterday, I rediscovered a lot of my vintage magazines (I collect 'em, ya know) and 'lo and behold, what should I find but a 1979 issue of Woman's Day! And not just any issue, but the "Inflation Fighter's" issue! (49¢ instead of the usual 55¢!) That got me to thinking, "What can I do to help?" So, I thumbed through the issue and found all kinds of ways to save, from Meatless Main Dishes to Best of the Newest Fashions to Knit and Crochet. But none of those felt right. That's when I saw it: Makeovers: on the job!!

[ Click Images For A Larger Version ]


Find the look that best suits you:
The Drag Queen [page 1]
The Sophisticated Poodle [page 2]
The Chelsea Clinton [page 3]
or even
The Lassie [page 4]) And voila! FREE makeover!

I'm going to go watch the ultimate inflation movie now. See ya!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't forget, another way to beat the high cost of living! Substitute ground beef with high quality dog food! You'll be glad ya did.

Man, that was a great episode of "Good Times".

Wednesday, January 04, 2006 10:23:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I came across your blog through Blogexplosion and loved it. I'm a big old magazine fan and love the Woman's Day make-overs. Make sure to do your part to curb inflation. :)

Saturday, January 07, 2006 11:51:00 PM  
Blogger Kirkkitsch said...

Rene-
Mmmm! It makes its own gravy!

I think I remember that episode of Good Times...it's a little hazy. BUT, you made me think of the episode where Florida gets some spoiled meat at the neighborhood grocery store and takes it back to complain, only to be met with more beurocratic bullshit... So she returns and serves it up to the store manager who takes one bite and makes a beeline for the bathroom. LOL! I love that episode! Good Times was such a great show. Gotta love it.

Me-
Aw, thank you! I'm so glad you enjoyed it. I too love the "old school" makeovers in Woman's Day. And believe it or not, I gave a subscription to Woman's Day and Redbook to my mom for Christmas! I love all those old "women's" magazines!

Thanks for stopping by and commenting! I hope you come back! :D

Wednesday, January 11, 2006 2:51:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.