Monday, December 26, 2005

Post-Holiday Fashion Extravaganza!


Whether entertaining at home or enjoying your leisure hours, you can look your prettiest at holiday time in these at-home fashions. They're all in the spirit of the season — gay and colorful. You'll find them delightful to wear, from the simple breakfast coat to the charming hostess gown. No matter which you choose, you're sure to garner a wreath of compliments.

( From Left to Right )
• Here's a gay way to start your day — in a breakfast coat of bright, bold checks. Made in dress styling, it's just right, too, for supermarket shopping and that later morning coffee and chat with your neighbor. Red or black checks. Under $9.

• You'll look angelic in this snowy coat of down-soft nylon tricot. It's made in dress length with zippered front. Red floral appliques on shoulder and pocket provide gay color notes. Should you prefer pastel colors, the robe is made also in pink or blue. Priced at about $25.

• In this delightful gown you'll be an elegant hostess on stay-at-home evenings. Designed with a wool-jersey top, shoulder-wide collar, and combined with a graceful skirt of shimmering satin. Color choice is Christmas red, royal or turquoise. The gown is priced at $35.

• For at-home glamour and casual comfort, this pajama set is ideal. You'll love the soft quilted-nylon topping with its new flared sleeves. Your color choice is aqua, red or white. The sleek trousers with front zipper, are made only in black. Set is priced under $18.

*Courtesy of Everywoman's Family Circle, December 1959

1 Comments:

Blogger Kirkkitsch said...

Stephaine-
I know what you mean. I look pretty taste-tempting myself most of the time. I know I should care more about my appearance, but I really don't. I'm surprised my gay license hasn't been revoked. It still might.

Terri-
$25 is still a helluva lotta money. But now that's what they charge for a package of underwear.

I wish my house payment was $40, maybe then I would have the extra money to lead the lifestyle in which I've become accustomed to. You know, witch water and heat and extended cable. ;)

Saturday, December 31, 2005 6:06:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.